Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

NOV OS, signing off!

Hey All,

Just wanna say thanx for the camraderie (sp?).  Hardest off season I've ever done.  Humbling, but encouraging.  Did intervals that I never would have tried on my own.  Thanks for picking me up when I was down.  Hope you guys & gals have a great season!  Catch ya later in da Haus!

Know that some of the Nov OSers are running a week or two behind....keep up the good work.  If you're like me, by the time you finish the 20, all you'll want is a comfortable bed and to check out for a week or so (affectionately known as Transition).

You guys killed it!  Way to Go!

Comments

• Options
    NOV Gangsters=
    Wow what a out-season we have had. I second what Chris said regarding each of us always picking each other up and always pushing!! What a treat it was for me. Nov 1-March 20th. I had improvements in my bike, swim, and run.

I am starting my 12 week HIM Intermediate plan for Kanas 70.3 today. Looks like a lot of volume and fun headed my way.

Be safe out there and see you all in the forums. image
  • Options
    I too have enjoyed being with you folks. Reading your posts has inspired me and kept me pushing it. Just knowing somebody else was suffering with the VO2 max sets kept me going. I started a big bike week yesterday (65 miles). And an about to head out for 80 more this morning. I am a bit sore, but enjoying not pushing the HR. Next week I will transition and then drop in the intermediate HIM plan in preperation for KS.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Although the OS didn't finish as strong as it started for me, I still came out with some great gains - thanks to everyone's posts and pushes.

After my Spain cycling camp in a few weeks, I'll backtrack and reuse the running portion of the OS in my lead-up to a late May Olympic Tri.

Other than that, stick a fork in me...I'm done! One more year down, EN-style!

Cheers everyone!
  • Options
    @ Chris - great idea for this thread....

I am one of the 'behind' peeps... feels like summer camp is over and everyone is leaving, except for me.... =:-(

I had no idea what I was in for when I signed up with EN, I just knew I couldn't make thru to IMLP on my own. This has been one of the best, most rewarding things (mentally & physically) I could have done. Thanks for sharing, careing and encouragement - it would have been a cold and lonely winter in the pain cave without all of you.

Now, go forth and conquer - EN style!!
  • Options

Congratulations all!  I completed a strong 12 mile, 90 minute, Week 18, Sunday run last night and will be finishing up weeks 19 and 20 without the rest of you.  I fell off the horse around Week 15 with the flu and bacterial infection but have since come back stronger.......the EN way...........

Very much enjoyed witnessing each and every one of you progress through this OS, get stronger, and make the team stronger.  Many true leaders/IM in this group.

I look forward to following you guys and watching you crush your IM "A" races this year as well!

SS

• Options
    Yes to all....

(Carl - make sure to take some time to "transition"! It's a long time between now and September!)

Congrats and good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    I guess I signed off after the week 14 test, but I did really enjoy the first 14 weeks with you guys.

As William just mentioned be sure to take some downtime before jumping into your season. You just did more work in 20 weeks than most triathletes will do all year. Give your body a break to recover.
  • Options
    Great OS, I'm happy because I finished the entire thing. I bet I missed 5-6 bike workouts and maybe 1 run workout all season. My FTP test didn't go as planned today I went out a little hard but ended at 275. That is exactly where I was at for IMLOU. Nice work everybody, I enjoyed training 'virtually' with all you guys, lets do it again in Nov 11.
  • Options
    It was fun guys...I kind of signed up about 5 weeks ago, but, it was fun to have everyone to suffer with. EN rocks!
  • Options
    Still 2 weeks to go - wish I had more time to stay up-to-speed in this forum the last few months. Hoping to see some VDOT improvement this last test but not very hopeful. The bike is another story - ready to kill it next week.
  • Options
    Jeff - the last two weeks were just a blur! Can't believe I made it to the transition!

@everyone - thanks for being there. If you go to the IMTX rally, I'll see you.

For the Texas crew, I'll see you at Cap-Tex. I plan to wear my new EN tri-kit even though my club is going to be there. I owe more to EN for my fitness at this point than the tri-club so it is only fitting.
  • Options
    @Nov Peeps, can't say much more than what's been already said -- I can't think of a better way to make 20 weeks of suffering go faster than doing it with some awesome folks like you!