Home General Training Discussions
Options

New PT user...PT clicking?

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me, does the PT make a "clicking" sound when you're not pedaling?  I just put mine on the bike for the first time, and tested things out.  It was making a sound new to me and my bike.  Kinda like a much softer version of when you'd put a playing card in your spokes as a kid.  Is that just the hub doing its thing? 

Back to the webinar...

Comments

• Options
    Is that what that sound is? Someone please verify - -I thought I was missing a cassette spacer or my frame was slowly cracking.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's "suppose" to, but mine makes that clicking noise too. Interestingly enough- it is actually louder on my TT bike than on my road bike.
  • Options

Yep they are noisy, or at least I hear they are for those that stop pedaling...

• Options
    After a couple of years of using the PowerTap I have grown very fond of the clicking.
  • Options
    Thanks. Thats what I thought...a built in alarm for laziness!
  • Options
    Posted By andrew s on 23 Dec 2009 06:05 AM

Thanks. Thats what I thought...a built in alarm for laziness!

Well I have the clicking and my wife.  I live in a smaller 2 bedroom condo and typically have to set my trainer up in the kitchen.  When my wife is watching tv she reminds me to keep peddling as the trainer is loud enough.  As for trainer rides at 5:30 when she is still asleep apparently "those things are really loud".

Gordon