Home General Training Discussions
Options

Turn your iphone into a power meter computer

Check this out.  I have not had much time to look at it but it looks kind of interesting.

http://en.pedalbrain.com/about

Comments

• Options

Looks promising, but....

Vaporware? The cycling industry is full of cool-looking gadgets that never make it to market. 

• Options

Agreed Bill... but I thought there some interesting points. 

Ant+ compatible

Provides coaches/friends/family access to data "real time"

See complete route and elevation using GPS in phone

Setup your team with Pedal Brain and now see what your teammates are doing. Get dropped or have a flat on the Saturday ride? Just look at the map to see where they're at.

I am not saying that this product will be a hit as some power meter computers already have these functions.  I just thought it was interesting.

• Options
    Yup- the "live" stuff is kinda neat. Coolest part to me would be having just one device. No need to throw the phone in your back pocket. But since I refuse to go with AT&T service, alas, I remain iPhone disabled.
  • Options

OMG!  If I am reading the web site correctly are they saying it replaces my lovely little yellow PT CPU when I am out riding?  If so, HELL NO!   #1 - How would you mount it?  2 - Can you imagine sweating all over your iPhone in the pain cave or out on the road?  Or gets wet when outside and it unexpectedly starts raining.    It would croak on the first ride.  3 - iPhone isn't like a Garmin or PT CPU.  It is fragile.

Good idea, but I will pass.

Thanks for sharing.