Home General Training Discussions
Options

Powertap, Windows 7 64 bit... anyone?

So, I went for my first ride with my powertap and installed the software and come to find that Windows 7 - 64bit is not supported, but in November they will have a new driver...  But I don't see it on their web site.

Anyone else get this to work in this setup?

Thanks,

Peter

Comments

• Options

I have used Windows 7 for over a month without a driver problem. If you're not using WKO+ I'd suggest using it over the bundled Powertap software. Version 2.2 works great with both my Powertap and Garmin 305. I've not really used the powertap software since purchase for that reason.

Please be aware the WKO v3.0 does not support some devices including Garmin 305 at this time. RnP usually have a discount available on WKO so check about that before purchase.

John

• Options

Hi Peter:

Are you talking about PowerAgent not working with 64 bit?  Or something else?  Like John D., I use WKO+ 2.2 on my Win7 64 bit laptop with no problem.  I don't use PA.

Lemme know.

John

• Options

64-bit Windows 7 and PowerAgent did not work for me. I "downgraded" to 32-bit and everything behaved. I also just upgraded to WKO 3 and it seems to behave nicely in 32 bit 7 (and looks prettier).

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I got the PowerAgent to recognize it, but I'm still working on the WKO 2.2. I'll have to play with it this weekend. At least I know it should work.

Peter