Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

PSA: Universal Sports - Nine Consecutive Hours of IM!

Just browsing the Universal Sports schedule, and it seems they'll be showing nine consecutive hours of IM Kona broadcasts (2001 through 2009) on New Years Day. 

I was planning on quietly resting on the couch all day anyhow, but now I can do it with purpose! 

Comments

• Options

OMG- my husband is gonna have to go find something else to do that day!!!! 

• Options
    Awesome... thanks!!!
  • Options
    OK, so I don't get Universal Sports (Verizon FIOS), and I started looking around at other carriers in the area, to see if I might be able to watch it somewhere else. There don't seem to be any carriers that do carry it, at least none that I can find. How are you guys watching this channel?

Mike
  • Options
    I don't get it either :-(. I could get it over the air on the digital channels if there were towers around here but there's no air coverage here on the OBX so I'm toast. Anyway- here is a link to where you can find Universal Sports. Good Luck!
    http://www.universalsports.tv/Universal_Sports_on_TV.html
  • Options
    I'm able to get it on Comcast in the Chicago area. As Nemo mentioned it is also available over the air as well and comes up as 5-3 NBC sports here.
  • Options
    Posted By Michael Graffeo on 28 Dec 2009 08:50 AM

OK, so I don't get Universal Sports (Verizon FIOS), and I started looking around at other carriers in the area, to see if I might be able to watch it somewhere else. There don't seem to be any carriers that do carry it, at least none that I can find. How are you guys watching this channel?

Mike

Where are you ?  In most FiOS areas, Universal Sports is channel 464.  (I work for Verizon, but not in the video department.)

• Options

Keith,

I'm in MA, just outside of Worcester.  I've checked, and it looks like FIOS has it in many metro areas (NY/NJ, DC/Baltimore, Philly, Seattle, Dallas, others), but not all of the FIOS network (no Boston/Worcester, for one).  I called in to request it, which they submitted.  Then, when I saw all the other areas that have the channel, I sent a follow-up email mentioning that it's 464 in so many other areas, is there any chance we could get it too?  Haven't heard back.

If you've got any pull, I'd be grateful

Mike

• Options
    Posted By Michael Graffeo on 28 Dec 2009 08:50 AM

Mike

Mike, I'm getting it by over the air digital signal from Buffalo (I'm in Toronto).     Here's your workaround: go to antennaweb.org, ensure there's a signal in your area, and then pick up a digital antenna (for a point of reference, mine was about $40).  

• Options

Thanks, Dave.  Unfortunately, it's not broadcast over the air anywhere in MA, either.  It seems as though my only option would be to buy an antenna, and drive to Hartford for the day...  not appealing.  Guess I'll continue to call friends to see if there's anyone left out there who owns a VCR...

Mike