Home General Training Discussions
Options

WKO 3.0 and 310xt: no graph when direct download

Just got a 310xt for my wife.

When I direct download the data into WKO 3.0, the graph is empty. There is just the duration of the work out.

If I first download from Garmin training center, export and then import into WKO, I get the graph and all the data (pace, speed, cadence).

It seems that the blanks in the recording are not supported by WKO. Is there a way to change the recording rate or other solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Options

Arnaud -

Check out this Forum thread from last several weeks. By the time you get to the third page, you should have more than enough information to make you grit your teeth and understand what the problem is (as I understand it, you have already identified the technical issue involved.) You are not alone!

• Options

It "should" work - but it could be a bug - they are definitely still working out a few.

Here's the deal on what (I think) happens if you want to try troubleshoot a bit:

1. The 310XT writes the workout on the device as a .FIT file (the fancy new format)

2. When the Garmin ANT Agent connects to the the watch, it downloads the .FIT file, and then automagically converts it to .TCX (the old fashioned format).  It puts the files here (if you're using XP):

FIT files: C:Documents and SettingsYOURUSERNAMEApplication DataGARMINDevicesYOURDEVICENUMBERActivities

TCX files: C:Documents and SettingsYOURUSERNAMEApplication DataGARMINDevicesYOURDEVICENUMBERHistory

All that happens without Garmin Training Center even starting.

---

So with that background, I assume you're going to Device Agent, choosing Garmin ForeRunner 310XT, then hitting Open Files?  What that does is open the .FIT file directory mentioned above.  I think Device Agent then saves them as .pwx files, and, finally, when they are imported to WKO, they are saved as .wko files.  Simple, no? 

If you're doing that and it's not working, it's probably a quirk with how it's handling .FIT files?

What you're doing by exporting from GTC is just creating a .TCX file, which already exists in the directory above, so you could save a few steps by just dragging and dropping the .TCX file into WKO (this is the "Cary Blanco trick").

I'd also suggest contacting their support online ( http://www.trainingpeaks.com/support/ ) - they are a little slammed lately, but are surprisingly good at times.
  • Options
    Answer from Peaksware:
    "
    Thanks for the email and sorry for your troubles. We have seen some issues with the new .fit file format which we are working on a fix for. In the meantime, you will need to import the .tcx file from your garmin 310xt. This may require you to download to Garmin Training Center first and then export the file out as a .tcx. If you can get the .tcx file from the device directly, drag that one onto WKO+ and you will have better results.

LEt us know if you are still having an issue here.

Regards,

Keith Watson
    Support Representative
    "