Home Classifieds
Options

For Sale > 2009 Specialized Transition Comp Frameset (Large)

2009 Specialized Transition Comp

Black / Yellow

Size Large

Stack: 526mm

Reach: 405mm

Selling the frameset only (frame, fork, seatpost, integrated centerpull front & rear brakes, headset). Selling because I have since moved on to an '11 Transition Pro in XL.

Steertube has been cut, but the bike was too small for me, so you have plenty of room to work with. 6cm of tube above 1cm brake hanger. So you can put at least 2cm of spacers under stem, in addition to the 1cm brake hanger. If you need lower, you can get the integrated headset cap/brake hanger from Specialized.

Zero offset post is custom painted by Darin Wheeler @ 2WheelerCustoms. Zero offsets are impossible to come by in black/yellow. It has not been cut. This means that at minimum insertion, you get rails ~73cm above BB.

Frameset is in great shape. As it's an '09, there are a few tiny nicks here & there. Only thing even worth noting is that the wings behind the fork are dinged a bit. Again, if you're familiar with Transitions, this is a fact of life. I didn't bother touching it up, I'm sure you could if you were so inclined. Brakes are in great shape. I had no issues with centering or sponginess. I cleaned & lubed them regularly. Small amount of clear coat rub from back wheel being too tight one ride.

I had an issue with the FD housing seizing to the internal routing. It happens with pre-'11 Transitions. Tight squeeze around the BB, gatorade getting inside, whatever the case...it happens. The frameset was sent back to Specialized & they gave me an external cable stop for the FD, makes it alot easier this way. Haven't had an issue since, neither will you.

I'm asking $1250, shipping from Chicago.

Please PM if you want more pictures, have questions, etc.

Thanks.