Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Lance at 15 in Bermuda

Check out the pass on the bike, over the centerline. Lmao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkAhs4vAsk

Comments

• Options
    With Mike Pigg calling him out on it!
    I never think the 80's were that long ago, but looking at their aerobars, mullets, and Luc VanLierde half-shirt/singlet + speedo combo...Mike Pigg with a full head of hair. Guess it was a long time ago...
  • Options

When will the speedo make a comeback and replace the spandex shorts? 

Dave

• Options
    @ Dave

I know a pro from Nederland, CO who races once a year "Old School" style in a speedo and running shoes. I can honestly tell you, he looks a lot better doing it than I would!!
  • Options
    Posted By David Halligan on 30 Dec 2009 04:52 PM

When will the speedo make a comeback and replace the spandex shorts? 

Dave

Oh they are--at least in college swimming. A lot of the swimmers wear them in in-season meets, and I mean the teeny bikini ones. Those guys look good, they know it, and they're not afraid to show it. It's kind of Mrs. Robinson creepy, but damn!  Hey, I might be old, but I'm not dead. image

• Options

This video was taken the year after the aero bars first came out; check out the downtube shifters. 

And I enjoyed the bit of Lance shooing the video moto away so he could ride over the yellow line to pass Pigg; young and brash. 

• Options

Nobody has pointed out the best part about that video...the Sport Update about the NFL players offering to return from their strike. Man, that brings back memories! Go Skins...

• Options
    Posted By Linda Patch on 30 Dec 2009 05:43 PM

Oh they are--at least in college swimming. A lot of the swimmers wear them in in-season meets, and I mean the teeny bikini ones. Those guys look good, they know it, and they're not afraid to show it. It's kind of Mrs. Robinson creepy, but damn!  Hey, I might be old, but I'm not dead.

Those skimpy little pieces of spandex is the whole point of watching swimming in high def. Best part of the Olympics is watching the swim meets with a glass of red wine.  (I heart Aaron Peirsol!) IIRC, Anne Bancroft was quite the smokin' hot mama in The Graduate. She can be our heroine!