Home General Training Discussions
Options

Work Works Testimonial!!

Quick story...

New Year's Day is the annual TESH Hangover Handicap 5 Miler along Lake CDA.  Goes right along IMCDA course.  Today I started out running with a couple buddies at a 9:00/mile pace just chatting and catching up.  Lady in front of us has her dog get of leash and I help chase it down costing me a couple minutes.  (good karma thing)

I take off after my buddies not realizing they had stopped behind me and caught up to another buddy.  At this point I had run about 1.5miles at 7:00/mile which is almost IP for me!!  Started running with other buddy at about an 8:20 pace and just having a great conversation.  A year ago 8:30pace was NOT conversing pace for me!!  I was shocked to see how easy it was to run this pace while chatting and having heart rate stay low.  We picked it up to about a 7:35 for the last mile and cruised in!!

Point of story is simple....not only have I gotten faster as I have aged, but I was all over the board today with pace and NO problem.  If I had been running LSD all this time it would not have happened.  OS works and works and works!!

Happy New Year!

Comments

• Options
    Nice way to bring in the new year Bryan! Congrats on some well earned speed!
  • Options

Great story, Bryan.  Thanks for sharing.  I love the part about getting better as you age.  I've been involved in athletics and recreational running my whole life but at 43 I'm faster and have more endurance then I ever did at 23 or 33.  Pretty dang cool!

-Chris