Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Euro pro style check

Is there any true function for the small-brimmed cycling cap under the helmet?

I've been watching the too-cool by half Rapha slideshows and videos of their rides last year and all those dudes sport this get-up. 

Comments

• Options
    Sweat guard, makes helmet more comfy, slight shading...and another piece of kit to trick out. image

P
  • Options

But doesn't wearing one make things warmer? I run hot enough as it is!

• Options
    I have a wool one I wear under my helmet. I wear it in all but the hottest weather (when I'm in 'roadie mode' - would not wear one in 'tri mode').
  • Options

I have to wear "something" under my helmet, as I have not hair to absorb sweat. I have 2-3 coolmax bandanas I've worn for about 6-7yrs...I getting kinda tired of them. I'd tried the sweat band with the gutter dealio, but look like a tool with that on and no helmet (bandana isn't much better) and it leaves a band that stays on my grape for hours and hours afterwards.

Joanne bought me a couple cycling caps last year but their a little too small for my melon, can't expand, and they give me headache. However, i do like how they look off the bike, which is really what's all about. The bill is nice for the sun or rain, not that I would know anything about that.

I do know I need to up my EuroPro game before ToC, as I'm sure Dan Socie will have an inspection before he lets us ride with him. I needs me some white shoes and saddle at a minimum. I gots the white bar tape but my stem/handlebars have been making a most unPro squeaking and creaking for a while now. Must fix before Dan arrives...

• Options
    Posted By Cary Blanco on 05 Jan 2010 07:10 PM

This image may help answer that question: http://www.rideyourbike.com/images/cyclingcapgregg.jpg

Holy s#@t! Is that Freddie Mercury?

• Options
    Posted By John Peterson on 05 Jan 2010 08:02 PM
    Posted By Cary Blanco on 05 Jan 2010 07:10 PM

This image may help answer that question: http://www.rideyourbike.com/images/cyclingcapgregg.jpg

Holy s#@t! Is that Freddie Mercury?

Hysterical!!