Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

NEW YEAR<>NEW JOB<>RELOCATION!!

After many months of careful massaging I have been offered and accepted a position at K-Swiss!  I will be working as Director of Business Development across the brand.  First project is LA Marathon!

Requires me leaving this Friday from CDA to drive down to SoCal.  K-Swiss corporate office is located in Westlake Village, CA.  Family will stay in CDA for remainder of school year and I will go back/forth when able.  That part sucks, but the opportunity to work for a great company in a field I am passionate about is nothing short of a huge blessing!!

Gonna be couch surfing at the in-laws, relatives and some friends for 5+ months!  Really won't have anything to do but work and train.  Guess I will have no excuses come June 27th if I am not much faster.  Get to be outside instead of inside.....WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Plan is to drive Friday to Portland. Set up bike and trainer and do Saturday ride in motel, then drive most of way into SoCal!  Mom is riding with me as she is gonna go help my aunt pack up in Malibu, so dropping her there Sunday morning and then into the in-laws in Santa Monica!!

Comments

• Options
    LA is much warmer than Idaho! Even if the job is horrible, can't beat the weather image

I believe Chris Lieto is still sponsored by K-Swiss. Perhaps you can pass on some tips for the rest of us!

Best of luck with the move.

tom
  • Options

The whole thing sounds so cool! K Swiss had the BIGGEST display by far on the Big Island last year, must have been a dozen people working their "booth" - keep massaging for a trip there in October!

Whose colors will you race in on June 27 - white or blue? With your monk-like training opportunity, lastest K Swiss shoes, and EN preparation, I'm expecting you to knock 15 minutes off your run time, and beat me to the finish this year.

• Options

Congrats, Bryan.  Is this early notice for RnP to find alternate lodging at CDA next year? 

Dave

• Options
    Congrats Bryan!
  • Options
    What an awesome opportunity!!! Congratulations Bryan! You must be jumping out of your skin with excitement. Oh- and you get to train with those Cali folks too- what a great side benefit!
  • Options

Awesome!  Time to line up an EN discount!

Congrats, Bryan.  Best of luck with the next 5 months, which I know will be difficult.

Mike

• Options
    Sounds super exciting! Congrats! Looking forward to meeting you at CdA on 6/27...
  • Options
    How cool! Congrats on the new job and sunny relocation!!
    So then we get to see you at ToC?!
  • Options
    Wow, that's HUGE Bryan, congrats.
    I've got a friend of mine here from Dallas that just went to work for Rudy Project in Colorado.

Hook a brotha up with some job opps please! I would love to get into this same field.
  • Options

Way too cool!  I got my hands on some super top secret Chris Lieto K-Swiss tri shorts a couple of weeks ago.  They are brand new and look sweet.  But I don't look like Lieto in them.  :-)  More like George from Seinfeld.  And I am not as fast on the bike with them either.

If you are going to Portland then you will be driving down I5 to get to LA?  You will be 40 minutes from my house.  Maybe we can meet up in Tracy, CA  right off I5 for lunch or something?

Congrats, Bryan.  And don;t drool too much over the SoCal women. 

• Options
    Posted By John Stark on 06 Jan 2010 10:44 AM

will be driving down I5 to get to LA?  You will be 40 minutes from my house.  Maybe we can meet up in Tracy, CA  right off I5 for lunch or something?

Take the Idahoan to In-n-Out!

• Options
    Posted By Scott Alexander on 06 Jan 2010 10:46 AM
    Posted By John Stark on 06 Jan 2010 10:44 AM

will be driving down I5 to get to LA?  You will be 40 minutes from my house.  Maybe we can meet up in Tracy, CA  right off I5 for lunch or something?

Take the Idahoan to In-n-Out!

Ya, baby!

• Options

FWIW - I recommend spending as much "Quality Athlete Relations" time with Jenny Fletcher as possible.

• Options

Wow Bryan, that's great! With all the enthusiasm you have, and with the kind of energy you contribute here, sounds to me like they're lucky to have YOU! Good luck with all the transitions, and congratulations!

• Options
    Posted By Cary Blanco on 06 Jan 2010 10:51 AM

FWIW - I recommend spending as much "Quality Athlete Relations" time with Jenny Fletcher as possible.

YES INDEED!  Both her and her husband, Arlynd, are the NICEST people (and he's one of the luckiest guys in the world).  They spent last summer out here in DFW, I rode with them every Sunday.

And, yes, Bryan, I was dead serious about the hook-up, in case you're wondering.

• Options

WOW! What fantastic news Bryan. Very happy for you. I would trade mountains, lakes and snow for sun, sand and shore any and everyday . That AND you get to work in a field you obviously have a passion for. Best of luck with the transition and moving, etc.

• Options

Congrats Bryan! How exciting( except for being away from family). Got some Kswiss shoes in November, love them so far

• Options

I met her and a few other K-Swiss athletes at a fashion show event K-Swiss had for the US open back in August. And yes, she is very nice.

• Options
    Oh Bryan, and FWIW- can I put in a little plug for some really good quality compression Tri shorts? It's easy to find compression bike or run shorts- but those tri shorts seem to be a rare bread. Zoot says they still haven't figured out the right solution yet and don't have an ETA on when they will come out with a pair. I'd love to see K-Swiss beat them to the punch. :-)
  • Options

Very cool Brian. Congrats! Director of Business Development: Probably has some great perks for and IM athlete.

• Options

Sorry for the mis-spell, Bryan... My bad!

• Options
    Congrats!! wow.. from ID to CA!! but in a field that you love. Yes I liked the KSwiss at the IM expo.. not a lot of it around here though locally or in stores. Great job. congrats again. m
  • Options
    Congrats Bryan! Are you sure the CDA fathers didn't have something to do with it to get you out of town after the Underpants Run? I know you'll miss CDA, but what an amazing opportunity! Congrats!

• Options
    Wow what a great oppurtunity for you with company that is really looking to grow! Awesome Bryan! When should we start the spreadsheet with everyones sizes? image Actually if ever needed you do have a large group here that would be perfect for testing/feedback that is quite intelligent.
    But seriously, fantastic job in a great place. Good for you!
  • Options
    Congrats! That sound like an excellent opportunity.

Gordon
  • Options

Congrats!!!  See you on the 27th at CDA!  Sounds like an exciting opportunity.  Hopefully trips to see the fam will be often or video chat when you can't travel will help. Enjoy!

• Options
    Congrats man!
  • Options

Congrats Bryan!

I'm just about 10 miles from Westalke Village.  I can show you all the local bike routes and help you with the area.  Just ask.

• Options

@Paul

PM me your digits so we can hook up!

• Options
    Cool Bryan -
    If you settle in the Westlake area you'll be able to join us for our rides along Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and up and around all over the Santa Monica Mtns. Great riding in those hills along with lots and lots of trails for trail running. Let me know when you have your bike with you in Westlake and I'll ping you about an upcomming ride or run. It will be great to have another person along. Congrats by the way.