Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Any interest in a EN 2010 Wall Calendar??

Usually I get a wall calendar for my office in my stocking.  But this year hubby had trouble finding one he thought I'd like and despite my own initial searches, I can't find any Tri or Cycling related wall calendars I like either (there really are slim pickings out there).

Sooooo- as I got really frustrated wondering why no one has pulled all the cool Ironman Pics into a single calendar I began to think how cool it would be to have an EN calendar.  We've had some great team photos last year from all the races and heck- I'd be happy with a calendar that just included all the boarders from the EN Forum website!    But before I go hitting up Dan Socie  to pull something together, I thought I'd see if there was any interest in the haus.

So is there anyone out there that would buy an EN Calendar if one was made available?

Comments

• Options

I had a funny thought the other day about a calendar--The Women of EN. : You know, bike helmets srtategically placed with lots of air brushing and soft focus. I mean, it is the Year of the Chicka. Seriously, I'm inundated with calendars, but I'd hang and EN in the cave for motivation.

• Options
    I would totally buy an EN calendar! I definitely think Gina's cool aero-helmeted picture should be in it.
  • Options

"The Women of EN: You know, bike helmets srtategically placed"!!!!  What a marketing ploy!  The waiting list to get into the Haus would be huge!!!!!! 

Ohhhh and I'd buy!   

• Options
    I was actually thinking also of Underwear Run pics. LOL
  • Options

2009 IMCdA  

• Options

GREAT  idea!!  You can make them via iPhoto on a Mac and I  believe there are volume discounts. I  made my Mom one for Christmas and it turned out nice.

• Options
    Why stop with only the gals, I mean I look pretty good in my speedo. If you like George Castanza in a speedo, I'm your man. My wife just laughs at me but I thnk deep down she thinks, "hey, he looks good!". .... well, maybe not. better stick with the gals on second thought.
  • Options

A great idea.  Unlike Linda there is not a 2010 calendar in our house.  Some cool photos, tri or otherwise would add a lot.

Gordon

• Options
    I can provide a hi-res photo of my feet in flip flops on request.
  • Options
    Posted By Cary Blanco on 08 Jan 2010 09:04 PM

I can provide a hi-res photo of my feet in flip flops on request.

Funny you should say that.  Scanning through photos from last year on SmugMug, I realized we could do an entire 12 month wall calendar based on the theme "EN Feet"!

• Options
    What a great idea! I'd definitely buy a calendar of Team EN photos. Love Linda's idea, too! How fun!
  • Options
    OK Folks, we've gone through the pics up on EN's SmugMug account to select a few candidates for the calendar. Even after paring down the list, we still have TONS of great stuff!.

But I know there are several pictures out there from races (particularly non-IMs) that didn't make it to the EN SmugMug which might be great for the calendar (for example, I'm remembering a fantastic shot of Kitma riding up a massive hill in her Mountain biking race last year- or the Halligan's pic at the beginning of a Cyclecross race where he had a serious game face going). Ideally we'd like pics where you are displaying the EN kit of course, but I just want to capture the essence of what makes us so cool.

Soooo- this is your chance to nominate one of your own pics from 2009 for the 2010 calendar. If you've got something you think would be a good choice, please upload it to whatever photo sharing site you use and then PM me the link to that pic. You have until end of day on FRIDAY JAN 15 to make your nomination.

We'll go through the pics over the weekend and hopefully make selections so we can get the calendar going before January is over!!!
  • Options

Hey Nemo!

Can I just throw a suggestion out there for the calendar (which I think is a GREAT idea).   Instead of or in addition to holidays on the calendar, perhaps add major races (not just WTC IM events).    Just a thought!   Not sure how difficult that would be or if it adds to cost, but thought I'd throw that out there!

• Options
    Great idea Rich. And as a major EN online Stalker on race day- I absolutely would like those included too!
  • Options
    Another suggestion...
    in the months that have races that have EN presence (the North American WTC official m-dots), include the EN dinner group picture, if one is available.
  • Options
    Sounds like an awesome idea to me! I'd drop some coin for an EN calendar!
  • Options
    By the way Joel, love the little kid peeking in the window in that photo!!!