Home OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW Group Discussion-OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW
Options

Week 8 FTP

This is for week 8's FTP test

Best of luch to each of you.  

Comments

• Options
    Well a little dissappointed but yet I gave 110%. My goal was 230 but from the get go I knew this was going to be a struggle. I almost threw in the towel during the second 20 min. Ended up staying the same at 220 watts so hopefully the VO2 Max over the next several weeks can assist me in raising the roof a little.

FTP #1 220 watts
    FTP #2 225 watts

All #'s are in my blog.
  • Options

Nice job Carl! I know you wanted to see improvement, but sounds like the day was set before you even began.  I wonder that myself while I 'limped' through a bike or run because I just didn't feel it that day what happens if I feel like that on test day.  Some of mine is self imposed Timmy style, but some days I'm flying high while others dragging just to get through main set.  

Keep up the work!

• Options

@Carl - nice work! Last year I actually went backwards on my last few tests. Progress is good, "immer vorwarts"  image

• Options
    Posted By Chris Armstrong on 15 Nov 2011 04:33 PM

Nice job Carl! I know you wanted to see improvement, but sounds like the day was set before you even began.  I wonder that myself while I 'limped' through a bike or run because I just didn't feel it that day what happens if I feel like that on test day.  Some of mine is self imposed Timmy style, but some days I'm flying high while others dragging just to get through main set.  

Keep up the work!

Chris-

Its funny how somedays we are just knocking the rubber off our wheels and other days the body is like no way in hell that is happening again.  My body is soooooooo ready for this marathon to be over!!!  At the same time I am ready to be in Jamaica away from the fire dept, ER, etc for 10 days.  Just sitting on the beach soaking up some rays, putting on the weight and lots of rum punch. 

• Options
    Posted By Joe Hallatschek on 15 Nov 2011 05:55 PM

@Carl - nice work! Last year I actually went backwards on my last few tests. Progress is good, "immer vorwarts" 

Joe-  I can tell you I seriously thought we were going to go backwards.  I tried holding under my current FTP for the first 10 minutes then pick it up a little the next 5 min and let the devil inside me loose the last 5 minutes.  Well let me tell you it didnt work and my legs were not wanting any part of that.  Funny as I sit here at the firestation this am contemplating doing my vDOT test cause I feel so damn good.  Our bodies are wonderful machines-

• Options
    FTP test today.
    Oct. 18. 249watt / 3.6w/kg
    Nov. 21. 261watt / 3.7w/kg
    1. 265w 2.262w
    LTHR 152
    My LTHR on the October test was 157?
  • Options
    Other than a hard workout the test was a waste of time. FTP increased from a whopping 160 watts to 162. Feel completely beat for no good reason. Oh well next test in about 6 weeks.

Lynne
  • Options

Felt it today.

Starting FTP: 260; W/Kg 2.68

New FTP: 279  W/Kg 2.95

Grrrrrrrr!

• Options
    Posted By Mark Thoma on 21 Nov 2011 09:13 PM

Felt it today.

Starting FTP: 260; W/Kg 2.68

New FTP: 279  W/Kg 2.95

Grrrrrrrr!

Yes, it looks like you were feeling it.  Very nice work.  19 watt increase that is terrific.  Oct OS is making the gains we like to see.  Last year I had huge gains.  I am hoping these vo2 max wko's assist me in raising the ceiling 

• Options
    Well - looks like although I didn't step backwards yesterday, I didn't make any forward progress. My LTHR was 159 for the first test and it is still 159.

But, it was also 73 degrees and 91% humidity in the pain cave and I struggled a lot and felt totally spent. I even came totally off the big ring and just wanted to get my avspd respectable to 19.6mph compared to my first test of 20mph.

So, like Lynnette - I too get to look forward to the next test in 6 weeks!
  • Options
    Hey - tomorrow's bike wko is another 2 X 20'(4') @Z4 with the brick run of 40' with strides! After today's run test, I'm kinda toast! AND - this is with the new zones! Looking forward to the run at Z1 with Turkey and Beer later tomorrow!
  • Options
    Did the 2x20 with the new zones today. Holy crap that was hard!
  • Options

@Geir - I chickened out! I did the outdoor option and worked 1hr 40' with a couple of 20' efforts at my perceived Z4 level. Then, because I had a Thanksgiving commitment, I did my 40' run as a brick. Surprisingly - I felt pretty darn good even after yesterrday's run test. image

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Now it's time to pull the Christmas decorations out from the attic for tomorrow's decoration day. The day ends tomorrow with my Annual National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation"! Of course, not until I get my 100/100 in! image

• Options

@Geir:  I hear you!

Took the new FTP out for a spin today.  0.973,0.972 for the sets.  Didn't get as many points as I would have last week!

Went over the bridge and through the tunnel to the in-laws for the feast.  Behaved myself (sort-of).  Saved the run for tomorrow morning before work.

• Options
    Got in a strong bike wko in on the drainer this morning. Raining hard here in Texas - so rare I didn't mind being in the garage listening to what I normally dread hearing on a Saturday morning.

15' warmup then 2 X15'(4')@Z4, 1 X 5'(5')@Z4, then 2 X15'(2')@ Z3, cool down about 9' with some one leg drills. Although it took my HR a while to get into the zone in the first Z4, I hit all my goals.

Now to get some more SAUs and help decorating for the Holidays!
  • Options
    Lynne-
    In the data tool area hit customize and put in your current numbers. Save it and then go back in it will all be updated then.
  • Options

Great job Lynn!