Home OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW Group Discussion-OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW
Options

Oct OS: week of 12/19/11 run

Remember float like a butter fly and sting like a bee.  All that pain is speed entering the body.  

Comments

• Options

Well thought I would be more sore today than I was. That is what I get for assuming. Actually felt really good today.

Plan called for 60 minutes and mainset was 3x1 mile repeats at 5K pace with 5 min of recovery.

Workout went very well.

• I warmed up with one mile and within that one mile did 3x30 sec explosive up hill strides.
    • I then did 5 x 1 mile repeats with a .5 mile or 5 minute recovery (or) whichever came first.
    • Over acheived today on purpose.  Next week is test week for me.  Therefore, I have no workout scheduled Sunday as it is built in as a rest day for Monday's bike test.  Since I tested last week I am taking Sunday and Monday off to recover and stretch.  
    • Felt very smooth and relaxed today.
    • Ended up with 8.37 miles in 58 minutes.
    • I did walk the last two minutes to check and see how fast my heart rate would fall. Went from 157 to 95 in two minutes so I guess that is good.
    • I then stretched and soaked in the hot tub for awhile.

Have a great hump day all..........
  • Options

Never got that run in yesterday, but I did walk for about 40' during lunch and got in my strength wko with the 100/100s after work. Seems to have paid off since I was way tired yesterday anyway and today was a great wko! image

Today was 4 X 200 and 3 X 1000 all at Z5 with full recovery. My targets were :55, 4:15, and AHR > 168. Results were: :57, :53, :53,:50 and then 4:14, 4:05, and 4:03. My AVHR didn't make much sense since the only interval that made it into Z5 was the last 1000 despite the fact that that almost all the splits beat my targets while running at a perceived effort of Z5. Even hit a Max HR of 182 - haven't seen that in a while. Go figure... image

Time to walk during lunch again and see if that magic can work for tomorrow's bike wko as well! image

• Options
    Posted By Joe Hallatschek on 21 Dec 2011 11:22 AM

Never got that run in yesterday, but I did walk for about 40' during lunch and got in my strength wko with the 100/100s after work. Seems to have paid off since I was way tired yesterday anyway and today was a great wko!

Today was 4 X 200 and 3 X 1000 all at Z5 with full recovery. My targets were :55, 4:15, and AHR > 168. Results were: :57, :53, :53,:50 and then 4:14, 4:05, and 4:03. My AVHR didn't make much sense since the only interval that made it into Z5 was the last 1000 despite the fact that that almost all the splits beat my targets while running at a perceived effort of Z5. Even hit a Max HR of 182 - haven't seen that in a while. Go figure...

Time to walk during lunch again and see if that magic can work for tomorrow's bike wko as well!

Nice WKO Joe-

I have started trying something new this week to see if it helps with my soreness.  So far it has been great.  I am taking GNC brand protein called: Wheybolic Protein (which has Glutamine and all your branch chain amino acids in it).  It is 60 grams per serving and I take it with a cup of 1% milk before going to bed.  Now maybe it is in my head but I am telling you it is magic then cause my soreness on a scale of 1-10 is a 2 compared to a 7 before.  

• Options
    Posted By Carl Noftsger on 21 Dec 2011 11:32 AM
    Nice WKO Joe-

I have started trying something new this week to see if it helps with my soreness.  So far it has been great.  I am taking GNC brand protein called: Wheybolic Protein (which has Glutamine and all your branch chain amino acids in it).  It is 60 grams per serving and I take it with a cup of 1% milk before going to bed.  Now maybe it is in my head but I am telling you it is magic then cause my soreness on a scale of 1-10 is a 2 compared to a 7 before.  

Good Stuff! I'll try this as part of my lunch during the week. Before I go to bed, I have a beer. Unless it is during Lent - then I have a NA beer! image

• Options

2 x 800 and 2x 1mile today. Tired but got it done. all done at 7:03 pace. The last mile was tough.

Been using the GNC protien after workouts in the morning. I'm going to try it before bed tonight to see if it helps the sore legs.

Not liking this getting old!

• Options
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/136308917

Day 1 of EN challenge done. Legs still trashed after yesterday's beat down but beautiful outside and need to burn my 12 a day cookies offimage