Home OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW Group Discussion-OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW
Options

Oct OS: Week of 1/2/12 - Run

For the peeps in Week #14, this is test week. And - a chance to beat the "Heads I win - tails you lose" prediction from RnP. image

Good luck and be sure to watch/listen to the Podcast about testing. Be sure to post your results both here and in the Datatool!

Comments

• Options

Not sure where it came from but I loved the feeling....I was doing my wko out today and got that, "RUNNERS HIGH"......man I was loving life, light on my feet, and tearing things up. AC/DC-Hell's Bell's ringing in my ears and we were too the races..........

Nailed 8 miles in 58 min then walked the last two minutes to bring the HR down and for my CD.

• WU: was one mile with 4x up hill strides........I knew it was game on then when the strides felt simple at 9.7
    • My 800's were at 9.2-10.1 with a 1% incline (this was times two) suppose to rest for 3 minutes but I took my rest as a 400 at 7 mph.
    • 1 mile was done starting at 8.2 and ended on 9.3 with a 1% incline.
    • I was then able to hold my HMP and more for 32 minutes. Very happy.
    • Burned 1200 calories.
    • Flew home and got some protein and calories in me. Trying to stay around 155 pounds.
    • Will see how sore I am tonight.
    • Tomorrows bike might be a bear....its calling for 3x10min FTPS.

Have a great Hump Day......

• Options
    Well as good as the bike test was - the run test was not! I actually slowed down 7"/mile and raised my LTHR from 168 to 169 - hit the same Max HR of 187 as the last test, so I know I was pushing as hard as possible!

I looked at last year and I had a similar drop after the VoMax phase, so I know I'll bring it back down again these last 6 weeks.

@ Carl - awesome workout! I guess I get that wko next week. I'm looking forward to some longer distances and just laying it down!
  • Options
    20:56 run test just now. Bagged it yesterday after a raging headache. Just felt crappy all day...so much better result today. Ran on the treadmill just like my first test for consistency. Really wanna get outside and race a 5k...but that will have to wait until the spring. I have the Carlsbad (CA) 1/2 marathon on Jan 22...going for a new "after kids" PR!! Based on all of my OS training both biking and running, I will be good if I can just hold it together!! lol!!

I love to see the mojo of everyone just kickin a$$ on these workouts and tests. I would NOT be working as hard if I was doing this "alone". Thanks for the motivation!!
  • Options

Since I skipped the brick run yesterday I made it up today in intensity.

• 60 minutes total = 8 miles
    • 1 mile wu with 4x30 sec strides
    • 5 x one mile repeats at TP with a 400 recovery
    • Then a brief CD
    • I have switched my plan now since my race is 16 weeks away. I'm going to be following the swim and run of the advanced IM but stick with the OS for bike. However will try and bike outside 2+ hours if over 35 degree's.
  • Options
    Today was hard - but this phase is over so I won't see this again this OS! Yaah!!!

3 X 1200, 400, 200 @ Z4. Goal times were 5:15, 1:55, and 55. Started off a bit sore from yesterday at 5:35, 2:05, :58 and the dialed it in at 5:15, 1:55, and :55. Last set I pushed it and nailed a 5:00, 1:52, and :52.

Did a 2 mi warm up and 1 mi cool down for 7.5mile total. Time to relax and get ready for that job that makes this hobby possible!