Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Skateboard Shop

I am currently working in Gaithersburg, MD. I have to pick up something for my son's birthday. I have been looking for a local skateboard shop, but have been unsuccessful so far. I was wondering if any of the local EN peeps may be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Comments

• Options
    I have skateboarding nephews who live in Gaithersburg. I'll make a call and see if I can find out where they get their stuff.
  • Options

Here are a few options for ya:

ZumiezinLakeforestMall (that's in Gaithersburg, pretty much everyone knows where that is- just ask and you'll get directions).

PitCrewinFrederick, MD (www.pitcrewskateboards.com/blog/)  That's gonna be a little bit of a drive though.

Finally, if you want to look for something for yourself as well, you could head up to All American Bike Shop in Damascus (a drive, but not as far as Frederick):  aabikes.com/  The place is owned buy Matt Gooey- it's mainly a bike shop but he has (or at least had) a bunch of boards as well.  If you end up there- tell him I said hello (he might not recognize the neme "Nemo", if not, use my other name- Helen).   Matt used to be my trusted LBS before I moved down here to NC- he's a great guy and helped me out on many occasions. 

• Options
    Nemo, Your the greatest! Thanks for the help.

I pass by that bike shop on the way in/out of town on Rt. 27. I am actually working in Germantown so that really isn't that far out of the way. I will have to stop in sometime.