Home OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW Group Discussion-OUT SEASON-OCTOBER CREW
Options

Oct OS - Week of 13 Feb

Test Week! Finally at the week #20 that I though would never, never get here! It's like hearing the Ironman Finish line and lights when you are still 2 miles out!

Be sure to listen to the Podcast about the importance of the Transition - Patrick lays it out really well.

Post when you can and let us know how you are doing!

Comments

• Options
    Congrats to all of you who made it through the OS!! Wow! That was a lot of work...but worth it I would say. I only went 18 wks and am now my 2nd wk of HIM training...actually the last 8 wks of race prep. Just when I needed a break the volume goes WAY up! Oh boy! Having to juggle a few workouts to make it all work and still keep the motivation going and the fire still burning!! March 31st, March 31st, March 31st...image
  • Options
    Yow - got that 3X15'(3') @Z4 again! This time, I knew how to pace it. Didn't do the 15' run b/c of test on Thursdday - time to back off a little.

@Lynne - you have made it this far! That's a lot more than many of our OS that started back in Oct. And - probbly tougher than if you did this alone!
  • Options

Bike Test Done. Almost exactly how I tested 6 weeks ago.

But, a bit better than last year as I finished the OS. So - success.  The real test is my run. I've really, really worked on it.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Options

Run test done. I ended up with about 8"/mile slower than last year on my 8 mile test. It might have been the wind, or the bike workout yesterday (3X12' @ Z3), who knows?

So, this year a bit faster on the bike, a bit slower on the run. Overall - comparable to last year. Time to "consolidate my fitness" and transition for a couple of weeks!

Hope everyone had a successful OS!