Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Who's watching Tour Down Under?

Coverage on Versus starts Sunday 6PM ET!  I know where I'll be!!!

And in case you just can't wait until then for some Aussie footage, enjoy this little Australian Bike Commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBYOycPZB0

Comments

• Options

Thanks for the heads up, programming the dvr right now.

• Options
    hope it's listed as "Cycling" so my DVR grabs it, as I won't be back home from trip until after 8 PM. We get VS real time, so it appears at 3PM LCT.
  • Options
    I do not know what teams are racing, but last summer I did a Quarq bike camp with several of the Fly V guys and they were really cool. They were the kind of guys you would want to root for. Dave
  • Options

DVR!  I will be coming back from work.  Can't even watch cowboys.

• Options

It's a good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth while watching that, i would have made a mess. 

DVR for me. The only way I like to watch TV these days

• Options
    DirecTV used to have two channels that rocked for endurance sports: Universal Sports and Versus. Now...zilch. Universal just disappeared one day. They still have the Versus channel available but it is just a screen that basically says "Comcast owes Versus and they want to rape us on the fees. Because we don't want to pass those fees onto our customers, we are standing firm on behalf of you." Gee, thanks for looking out for my best interests, DirecTV. I'll be really bummed if they still haven't agreed by the time TdF comes around.
  • Options
    Brian- DH and I have been a bit dissatisfied with our crappy cable provider (Charter). We were in the process of getting ready to switch to DirectTV when I did a scan of the channels and discovered VS was missing from the line- up (and then of course found out about the whole pissing match between Direct TV and Comcast). I told Joe that was a deal breaker for me. Sorry- we'll have to deal with the so-so service from Charter- I need my Vs!
  • Options

This DrecTV thing with Versus is KILLING me!  I have DirecTV and I've always had my Tivo set to record any "cycling" program and have had lots of fun watching all the smaller races and one-day classics that Versus shows throughout the year in addition to the big TdF party every summer.  Every July during Tour time, my wife and I put ourselves on news blackout all day at work so we can sit down and watch that day's stage in the evening after the kids are in bed.  I've sent angry e-mails to DirecTV telling them they better work this out before the Tour starts or they'll have a lot of angry customers on their hands who will likely be switching to Comcast.  Got the standard corporate "We appreciate your concern, we're working hard to resolve the situation" response.  I'm hoping that DirecTV soon realizes the business downside of angering cycling fans, Lance fans and cancer survivors and their families.

• Options

I'm trapped in DirecTV land as well. They better have that cleared up before the classics!!!!!!!!!!!! I can deal without the Tour Down Under but if it starts impeding on Roubaix, Flanders, LBL, etc....gonna be really bummed. image

• Options
    Do you know if the Tour Down Under will have daily shows like the TdF or the other cycling stage races, or is it just the one day summary at the beginning? I can't search that easily on Time Warner in the future.
  • Options

I watched it, good race. I have to say I like the Radio Shack kit. Good colors, clean, but might not stand out very well in overhead helicopter shots.

• Options
    Posted By Scott Alexander on 17 Jan 2010 06:23 PM

Do you know if the Tour Down Under will have daily shows like the TdF or the other cycling stage races, or is it just the one day summary at the beginning? I can't search that easily on Time Warner in the future.

VS appears to have 30 min hilite show @ 6 PM Tue-Sat, and 60 min on 1-24. Appears as "Tour Down Under..." on Schedule, not cycling, so my DVR did not grab it today image

• Options

I'm watching it, but seriously Rich, the RS kits are God awful ugly. 

• Options
    Watching it (Dish Network), bummed that it's only 30 minutes including commercials. Wife totally thought it was like TDF coverage so she was all set to hunker down for a couple of hours, the look on her face when she realized it was only 30 minutes was priceless!
  • Options
    Posted By Jorge on 19 Jan 2010 10:55 PM

Watching it (Dish Network), bummed that it's only 30 minutes including commercials. Wife totally thought it was like TDF coverage so she was all set to hunker down for a couple of hours, the look on her face when she realized it was only 30 minutes was priceless!

Yeah- I think I had that same look on my face too.  Totally bummed its just highlights.  But I'll take what I can get.

• Options
    While we are slamming programming providers, I'll add my annoyance for Comcast. Used to have Tivo and switched to Comcast dvr when we went HD last year. Piece of junk! It can't find "cycling" so I have to go find each cycling show, day by day. When you find the name, it only lists one day on the search menu. I know it's a week long program and I know it's on everyday, but Comcast search can't seem to figure this out. Also, when you search, it shows, one choice - regular programing. I know most of my shows are in HD, but the option doesn't appear. Anyway, I digress!

One more for Radio Shack needing a makeover.

30 minutes is not enough time.

Who is "Sky"? Did they just change sponsors or is it a whole new team? These events are good to get back into the swing of pro cycling, which I tuned out last fall.

Weather there looks awesome.

Glad to get some coverage.

tom
  • Options
    Sky is a whole new UK-based Pro team. They're stated goal is to get a TdF winner from the UK within 5 years. They recruited Wiggins away from Garmin after his 4th place in TdF last year, as their team leader.
  • Options

I saw the You tube  footage and wondered if it will be shown on Cycling TV?