Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Work out log

What about adding a section where we can upload or enter our workout logs.  It would allow the coaches to look at what we are actually doing or allow members to critique and help others by looking at there workouts.  More importantly, it would allow me to utilize this website for all of my training needs.

Just a suggestion.

Comments

• Options
    Posted By Dennis Scribner on 17 Jan 2010 06:33 PM

What about adding a section where we can upload or enter our workout logs.  It would allow the coaches to look at what we are actually doing or allow members to critique and help others by looking at there workouts.  More importantly, it would allow me to utilize this website for all of my training needs.

Just a suggestion.

Dennis,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, we decided early on, and have become even more conviced, that this is just something we don't want any part of. There are far bigger players, with more $$ and resources, in the training log game. We are coaches, not software and platform developers. We have decided to focus on what feel matters most to us and to you -- your training plan + supporting content + efficient ways for you to connect with us and the team. How/if you track your training is completely up to you and there are many, many other tools out there for you to do so.

• Options
    I just use the WKO+ software as my log. I used to use Training Peaks, but now just use it to back up my WKO+ data. Lots of good stuff out there; price is often free or cheap.

tom
  • Options

Seems to me that if you do all the workouts as written, you don't need a training log. 

• Options
    @Terry x 2. We don't want to look at your training logs. That would take our ability to coach 400 folks and drop it to about 40, or increase our workload by a factor of 10 for a pretty questionable outcome (IOW, will having me look at your week and give you feedback on that week improve your next week given that next week is fixed and we all know what the load / stress will be, etc?). Personalization is a very, very slippery slope...