Homeโ€บ Community Forum ๐Ÿ 
Options

Stupidest reason for not riding outdoors today

It's warm(ish) and sunny this morning and I flipped the bike/run workouts this weekend so that I could ride outdoors today. After breakfast I went upstairs to swap out the rear tire on my tri bike from the worn-out, old tire that I use on the trainer to a tire more appropriate for outdoors. But...no tire levers. There's usually a few floating around the bike room (er, 2nd bedroom) but none in sight. I zipped open my seatpost gear bag expecting to see the usual 2 that live in there and...nothing. Wha? I looked everywhere - on my hands and knees, crawling around the floor looking under the futon, going through the trash can, tearing about the closet...nothing. How did they all disappear? And how long have I been riding without any in my gear bag???

I could have peeled the tires off with my hands but in the end decided to ride on the trainer because I didn't feel safe riding sans levers.

I'm looking at one of my dogs right now wondering if there are any floating around in her tummy...

Comments

• Options
    Pull out the tire skewer and use the skewer lever as a tire lever.

You can say I've learned to travel extra light. image
  • Options
    You don't need tire levers. Check out the video over on TTBike fit's website on changing clincher tires; it made me finally come to love clinchers.
  • Options

Posted By Bill Russell on 15 Nov 2009 01:44 PM
    You don't need tire levers. Check out the video over on TTBike fit's website on changing clincher tires; it made me finally come to love clinchers.

I've tried this trick several times and can't do it. You really need that tire to be well stretched to make it work. Or maybe I'm not guerrilla enough!

Skewer is an interesting idea!! Hmmmmm.

• Options
    Or pull a Halligan: There Will Be No Flats.