Home Races & Places 🏁⛺

TriBike Transport

I received an email from Ironman the other day with a coupon for bike shiping via TriBike Transport.  The pricing looks good and I was wondering if anyone has used them and what their experience was like.  It seems to be a great way to ship your bike hassel free.  Before I sign up I want to hear from the Haus.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• I have done it and brought it as well. For far races with multiple layovers / driving it seems worth it...like IMCDA for me from BOS. The pricing is what it is...best part about the whole thing is being able to walk your bike over at 7pm on race night and give it away.. image

P
  • This is a GREAT service, consider it for sure. I have used these guys 4 times over the past 3 years and the service has been great. I have also flown with my bike in a bike box on Southwest (cheapest airline bike box rates) and am VERY convinced that a little more $ is WAY worth the time and effort of flying with your bike. With the discount code it makes the value prop that much better.

Flying with your bike, in short: learn bike oragami to get your bike in a bike box (Allot one hour for this, seriously), get box to airport in a cab/van that will fit you, your luggage, your bike, and your loved ones, check it in and pay $$ for oversized luggage, then get the box at the destination airport (hopefully it went to the same airport as you), find a cab/van that will fit you, your luggage, your bike, and your loved ones, get to the hotel and reconfigure/assemble your bike (which was in the bike box like a piece of oragami. Allot one hour for this, seriously.). Then the next day, in case you're not tired enough from the race, you get to do that all over again.

TriBikeTransport: drop your bike at a bike shop around a week before, arrive at the race site, find the huge signs pointing you to tribiketransport, get your bike (and gear bag), check the tires, rack it or take it to your hotel. After the race, walk your bike over to the tribiketransport folks and bring your bag in the next day.
  • Using bike shipment -TriBike Transport or other shipper, allowing:
    -a fully-assembled and 'tuned' bike to be taken out of your hands at a local bike shop (LBS) a few weeks ahead of time (that's the worst thing, the time in advance)
    -adding a race wheel bag and optional gear bag
    -delivered to the race site
    -available for drop-off right/soon after your race

THE SINGLE BEST UN-STRESSER FOR YOUR TRAVELING RACE, hands down. Worth every penny.

BTW, I'll hopefully be providing you all a discount coupon code to use for TriBike Transport, regardless if I'm chosen as a sponsored athlete by them again for 2010 as I was in 2009.
  • Agree with the team on all points below.  I used them for IMLV and was very happy with the value.

• Posted By Scott Alexander on 19 Jan 2010 12:32 PM

BTW, I'll hopefully be providing you all a discount coupon code to use for TriBike Transport, regardless if I'm chosen as a sponsored athlete by them again for 2010 as I was in 2009.

Very cool, Scott!  Do you have any idea when you'll get that discount code, and how much it will be?  Trying to decide whether or not to take advantage of the current discount of $40 off that expires on 2/1.  thanks!

• doh! Just saw the other thread on this, in which Scott already answered my questions...

http://endurancenation.us.dnnmax.com/Community/Forums/tabid/101/aff/24/aft/867/afv/topic/afnp/11948/Default.aspx
    Last year, I was a TriBIke Transport-sponsored athlete. Today, literally, I'm supposed to find out if I made it to the 2010 team - that's the date they gave, any way.

At some point in the near future, they're going to provide me a discount code to everyone in da Haus. It's not $40 off, it'll probably be closer to $20. I think this discount code is regardless if I'm on the team or not, but I'll hopefully find out VERY soon.
  • I just received the email, I'm in for 2010 with TriBike Transport.

@Michele, I'd say go with the $40. I don't anticipate them going above the $10 they offered in 2009 or the suggested $20 for 2010.
  • Thank you for the quick response. I'll book it with the discount prior to 2/1 and use them. When you see something that looks too good to be true, it usually is. In this case, I'm psyched to learn that it really is that good.
  • I heart TBT, but the closest drop-off site for me is going to be a 3.5 hour drive. Sucks, but I think I'll be shipping my bike via FedEx to IMWI this year.
  • ditto...  okay ... if you remember last year??  they rerouted to come pick up me and Heather's bikes!!!  to take them to Lake Placid.  I think they lost money on us but I pinky promised that I would tell anybody how good they were.  I convinced my LBS to allow pick up there. and all I had to do was get them to take off bike pedals and aero water bottle which I took with me, so I didn't purchase extra gear bag.  I called TRI BIKE several times and begged, pretty pleased them to come thru LR on their way to memphis to save me 5.5 hours of driving to and fro Memphis..they were going to Memphis for sure but stopped in for us.  They could hear me jumping up and down like I had won the lottery!  when they told they would come to AR!!!  then when we got to LP, there were the bikes, now Heather's had a gash in the tire and they replaced it for free!  and here is our pic with the guyz!  we got a visor too!

•  TBT Rocks! Great experience, would do it again in a heartbeat. The convience of having them next to transition is priceless. When I did CDA in '08 my friend used a different bike transport service that was not as organized and they were not on expo site, took us forever to find where she had to pick up her bike.

For me, while I was on the run, my aunt took my bike to TBT and dropped it off with my bag of stuff. The next day i bought other things.  

Worth it!

• wow, maybe we should post this thread on their site!
  • Add me to the TBT groupie section. Used them 4 or 5 times. Worth every penny, especially post race drop off. Race is done, hand over the bike, nothing beats it!

tom
  • TBT is great, love 'em etc.  I had a great experience with the service for IMFL 2008. I'm definitely using TBT for IMCDA in June.

The one word of caution that I will add is that you don't always use your LBS for the pickup, so take pictures of your bike before you drop it off (and don't forget post them so we can see what you're riding).  The shop that I use dropped my bike and broke my brand new Zipp aerobars before TBT picked it up.  Long story short - everything turned out fine, race was fine, the shop quick fixed the bars before the race and replaced the bars after the race.  TBT helped to make sure the problem was resolved. But, since it's happened to me, I'm throwing it out there.

• Another plug for TBT!! They rock. For IMAZ I had registered that I would be bringing a wheel bag. I decided not to, but didn't say anything to LBS when I dropped off. TBT called me on day of pick-up to ask about bag. Put my pedals on ;bike pick-up and took them off after IMAZ.

• Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful.....if I don't drive I will always use them.....easy....no stress