Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Any Crazy Canucks in the house?

In an effort to be a good Canadian TeamEN ambassador while promoting "cross-border" relations and keeping NAFTA alive and well, just checking to see if there's any other Canadians in the Haus

Anybody doing any events up here in 2010?   Ironman Canada?   Coming to Vancouver for the Olympics?  etc etc.

Now if we could only get some SNOW on the mountains - that might help the Olympic cause....     although I aint complaining since I'd rather run outside than on the dreadmill!

Comments

• Options
    Does it count to be a crazy Canuck living in California (maybe I'm not so crazy!).

Born in Fort Smith, NWT, lived in Ottawa for 20 plus years, moved to Toronto after university and then off to CA in 1987. Visit parents and friends in Canada, but never in the winter and always curse the bugs, black flies etc. every time we go back. Don't miss it image

tom
  • Options
    Or in North Carolina? But I'm a Newfie, so you might want have wanted to count me anyway :-)
  • Options
    Or in New York ? I"m french-Canadian so maybe I don't count ; ). Been living here for 15 years, became American citizen but still will root for Canadians in the Olympics in Vancouver !!

Nathalie
  • Options
    Another one here. Born in "Winterpeg", school in Guelph now living the Philadelpia area the last 5 years. Never go back in the winter now!
  • Options

Another Canadian here.  I 'm starting to lobby to have a "endurancenation.ca" link, but I'll have to be stealth about it in case R&P have international franchise plans underway.  

I'll be taking a swing at IM Canada, assuming I can snag a qualifying spot at a mid-season race.  Is that race on your radar, Tavis?  Any itel on where to stay?  I tried to prebook a room a few weeks ago, and it was an aggravating experience! 

• Options

Another Canadian here.  Born and raised in Medicine Hat and living in Calgary.  I'll be at Ironman Canada.  A bunch of us are staying at the Summerland Resort about 10-15mins away from Penticton.  I'm still lobbying to get the data tool in metric but who knows if the EN way starts taking over the world we just might get an endurancenation.ca

• Options

Another Canadian checking in.  I live in Saskatoon again.  Born and raised here in Saskatchewan but did some moving around with work.  Three years in Ottawa, 1 in Edmonton then back to Saskatoon.

I'll be doing IMC.  I signed up to shock myself in to training.  See you in Penticton in August. 

As for all those that don't like the cold I love winter.  I'm looking forward to skiing next weekend.

Gordon

• Options

Awesome to hear from ya'all!

Over here in Vancouver, the weather has been amazing - which isn't so great for the upcoming olympics considering the local mountains are BARE. I have been running outside all through the outseason in shorts and t-shirt and it was actually colder down in Vegas in December than here for crying out loud. Ah well, no complaints since it makes for pleasant running in the evenings

Yep, I'll be doing Ironman Canada so Gordon, Wayne & Dave - let's deffo keep in touch. We've rented a house the couple times which works better for our sizable crew - I know the owner of this particular house so that's been fairly easy for me but I know there's a few sites online that post houses for rental - but usually for minimum 5 night stay. It is definitely a gong-show trying to book hotels as all the athletes pretty much reserve a spot as soon as they register. Keep me posted on your hunting and I'll see if I can suss anything out for you!

Keep in touch everyone and glad to meet all you other Canadians!! (past, present and future?) Look forward to a TeamEN gathering up at IMC in August!   Viva Endurancenation.ca! 

Tav.

• Options
    Travis

Paul here

Native Calgarian
    Will be at IMC.

Getting some good ice runs in.

Will be looking for EN jerseys in Penticton

Paul
  • Options
    Awesome Paul!

So anybody else in the Haus doing the Oliver Half as prep?

• Options
    Hey there,

Edmonton represent!

Doing IMC as my A, Great White North 1/2 as my B.

Sounds like we've got the makings of a good August meetup - let's definitely stay in touch and compare notes,

Would love to stay and chat, but I better go train to try keep up with you guys! 

Craig
  • Options
    Yup, I live in Ottawa, Ontario. I did IMUSA last year, but no IM plans this year. A year of HIMs for me, and likely IMUSA in 2011.

Mike.
  • Options
    great to hear from you Craig and Mike!

Absolutely, let's keep in touch for an August meetup at IMC for sure!