Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Krispy Kreme Challenge - Had to do it !

OK - I couldn't resist - Krispy Kreme Challenge @ FSU today - run 2 miles - eat a dozen doughnuts and then run 2 miles back to the start .... I know this is probably not EN sanctioned or suggested - But what fun !!! Ran a small 5k this morning - then went out and ran the Krispy Kreme Challenge @ 1pm today - The t-shirt says it all - 4 miles - 12 doughnuts - 2400 calories - 1 hour - OK so I can't look at a doughnut for a while ...... the secret (in case you want to know) is to flatten the doughnuts and eat like a big sandwich - Off to the sofa for a few hours !!!!

Comments

• Options
    Impressive.
    They have donut and beer miles out here sometimes...one donut/beer, then run 1/4 mile, do it 4x. If you pull a Stark (aka puke) you have a penalty lap.

FSU in Tallahassee? That's the first place I ever had a Krispy Kreme. LONG lines to that place at night after the local bars close.
  • Options
    I'm having a gag reflex to this....image
  • Options

Posted By Sheryl Woodworth on 23 Jan 2010 05:11 PM

Me too- I can't even think of it!image
  • Options

Posted By Nemo Brauch on 23 Jan 2010 06:21 PM

Posted By Sheryl Woodworth on 23 Jan 2010 05:11 PM

Me too- I can't even think of it!image

Nemo...Before we knew our youngest has celiac disease we went to Krispy Kreme when it first opened in Minnesota....oh my word...she was sooooo sick. After that she had to hide her face when we drove past one or she would dry heave. Course now we know why but at the time we just thought it was because Krispy Kremes are so depraved....then there is the story about her eating pizza and drinking chocolate milk at Cosetta's...pre celiac knowledge....that was really ugly....but better left in the past...image
  • Options
    Got Insulin?????? 12, then run again?imageimage
  • Options
    my Krispy Limit is 3 and I even feel horrible after that much less run 2 miles! Though knowing myself i might have tried it out with ya!
  • Options
    I would of gave it a go what do you got to lose image
  • Options
    A dozen Donuts somewhere between miles 3 and 4!
  • Options
    I'll be honest, all this discussion of Krispy Kremes made me hit the drive-thru yesterday before football started. Had a maple and an original. YUM!.
  • Options
    I know there are only a few of us in this category, but I'm a Krispy Kreme virgin! I have never had one. image

• Options

Posted By Rich Miller on 25 Jan 2010 12:17 PM
    I know there are only a few of us in this category, but I'm a Krispy Kreme virgin! I have never had one. image

But you're in In-n-Out land, so you're okay.
  • Options
    It was actually pretty memorable - they lined the return route w/ garbage cans for those with weak stomachs - Truly a "been there - done that - got the t-shirt" event - come on ....to the normal person this whole IM thing looks a little out there !!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure a cop (Ossifer Ford) isn't going to let a donut challenge pass him by image
  • Options

Posted By Bryan Desloge on 23 Jan 2010 03:17 PM
    the secret (in case you want to know) is to flatten the doughnuts and eat like a big sandwich -

That's brilliant! I thought maybe there was coffee there to dunk them in---like the way the competitive eaters do at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest.
  • Options

Posted By Rich Strauss on 25 Jan 2010 01:34 PM
    I'm pretty sure a cop (Ossifer Ford) isn't going to let a donut challenge pass him by image

Oh I am on it, we do not have krispy kremes here anymore but will to travel for such an event image

They do have a race where you race from pub to pub eat a hot dog and beer. Would that count?
  • Options
    This event is so up my alley. I'm actually trying to convince my wife to let me fly to a friends in Raleigh in 2 weeks for the Krispy Kreme Challenge at NC State. Some advice I saw was not only to make a "big sandwich" out of them but have a cup of water to dunk it into before taking bites.

Where and when is the pub, dog, beer race? I want in.
  • Options

Posted By Scott Alexander on 25 Jan 2010 12:56 PM

Posted By Rich Miller on 25 Jan 2010 12:17 PM

But you're in In-n-Out land, so you're okay.

Hey Scott: I can't do In-n-Out unless it is after an IM. Calories for an In-n-Out Double Double with fries and the Chocolate Shake is 1800 Calories. That is my entire daily caloric intake. YIKES. It has been 3 or 4 years since I even went into an "In-n-Out" and went right back out! image
  • Options
    next time we need more lead time...we can do this as a Team! how do we get the KK virgins a sample?
  • Options
    I'd do this if the donuts were glazed chocolate! Yummy!
  • Options
    Maple-glazed anything, I'm in!
  • Options
    They actually just brought someinto work this morning! Couldnt have eaten a dozen though... they were rasberry filled!