Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Powerman Muncie

I unfortunately can not make the Powerman Zofingen this year. Conflicts with the back-to-school schedule for the kids.

So I have been searching for another late season duathlon. I have come across the Powerman Muncie (10K/60K/10K) in Muncie, IN. I would ask if anyone has raced this before but it is the first event. However, it seems that the organizer is considered top rate and there are numerous other events held at the Prarie Creek Reservior.

Does anyone live or has raced in this area before? If so what are your impressions?

I can repeat the Bassman Fall Duathlon but would realy like to work in a destination race this year. Start spreading my wings a little bit....

Comments

• Options

Peter - I don't know about Muncie, but there is Powerman Florida near Tampa.   It's typically the first weekend in December and 2010 will be the 3rd year. 

• Options
    Hi Peter -

This conversation about Muncie is in the Midwest section of the forum -

http://endurancenation.us.dnnmax.com/Community/Forums/tabid/101/aff/42/aft/918/afv/topic/afnp/13302/Default.aspx
  • Options
    Robin, Thanks for the link. I guess it would help do do a search of all the forums before posting. :-) Good luck at the Muncie Endurathon!
  • Options

All,

I live about an hour North of Muncie and have raced the Endurathon 70.3 there many years.  The original Muncie Endurathon race director is put on Powerman and many other events as part of a new series.  I believe that they plan to host the event in the same area.  The roads are very smooth and fast.  There are rolling hill but nothing that I would consider a climb.

The race director is attending a kick-off meeting for my local tri club.  I will find out more and post what I learn.

• Options
    Posted By Tom Carpenter on 28 Jan 2010 09:28 PM

All,

I live about an hour North of Muncie and have raced the Endurathon 70.3 there many years.  The original Muncie Endurathon race director is put on Powerman and many other events as part of a new series.  I believe that they plan to host the event in the same area.  The roads are very smooth and fast.  There are rolling hill but nothing that I would consider a climb.

The race director is attending a kick-off meeting for my local tri club.  I will find out more and post what I learn.

Tom.

That sounds great. Any pre-race recon information will be very helpful.

On another note, I plan on turning this into a mini-vacation for the family. Is there any "must-dos" while we are in that area?

Thanks,

Pete

• Options
    I did the Muncie endurathon last year and loved it. It was my first 1/2IM distance race and I preferred it over Steelhead (which I did later that season). The people were friendly and the race was busy, without being crowded. Considering it again next year.