Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Lville gets 2013 Cross Championship!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...lds_103288

Very cool news for Louisville.  The local cycling advocates have done a incredible job promoting all types of cycling events.  Lville has also hosted the Road Nationals the past two years, sent kids from the local cross teams to championships and we have IMLOU.  It is wonderful to see my hometown kicking it into gear.  For all you crossers.... come one down and let me know you'll be here!

Comments

• Options
    My neighbor, Jamie, is super pumped. Loves Cross!
  • Options

This is so freaking cool! Right in our own backyard. My only question is January?! It could really hurt wiping out on frozen ground, but I guess that's not any worse and probably still better than pavement image. I just hope we don't produce some massive ice storm in 2013!
  • Options

This is huge news for the cross and for cycling in general. The US is really growing up in the world of cycling. I can't wait.

• Options
    See, I reallly need another bike!
  • Options
    you can never have enough bikes
  • Options
    Posted By Sheryl Leonard-Schneck on 30 Jan 2010 02:36 PM

you can never have enough bikes

AMEN sista!   Nemo.. buy a cross bike.. come & play!  Got a place for ya anytime!

Seriously, the folks here have really worked hard to build the cross community.  The USGP has made Lville a stop for the last 3 years and it is crazy fun to watch.  The community is now building a cross specific park (they're taking the old venue and turning it in to soccer fields or a dog park).  

• Options
    How cool is that-I love Louisville, did the IM in 07, would be back this year but daughter #2 starts college that week. I have been racing cross for 3 years-you might just find me on your door step. They must have some great races in the fall
  • Options
    Posted By Sheryl Leonard-Schneck on 01 Feb 2010 11:13 PM

How cool is that-I love Louisville, did the IM in 07, would be back this year but daughter #2 starts college that week. I have been racing cross for 3 years-you might just find me on your door step. They must have some great races in the fall

Come on down- door is open!  USGP is normally the last weekend in Oct.  

• Options
    We very likely will be there-crazy fun