Home OutSeason (December '09)
Options

Show of Hands (pixels - whatever) - Dec OS members doing IMLP

Out of curiosity, how many Dec OS folks are doing IMLP and when did you start your Dec OS?

I'm doing IMLP, I started my Dec OS on Nov 30th, but I had 2 "dead" travel weeks, so as I go in to OS Week 8 on Monday, I effectively started on Dec 14th.

Background: See my Dec OS -> IMUSA post here on how the training weeks line up. (Summary - we should be in good shape.)

Comments

• Options
    I am nov OS racing, but wanted to give your thread love. You are definitely going to be fine!!!
  • Options

Im in for placid and didn't start my OS til January due to IM Coz.   You should be fine! Let me know if you need anything going up to the race...there should be plenty of EN peeps at that race.

Jed

• Options

Hi Cary,    I'm in Dec OS with you,  I did LP last year which was my first IM. I'm doing Wis. this year.    No worries where you are now, you've got plenty of time.

If you have any questions regarding LP let me know.   I absolutly loved it.   It is an awesome venue and fabulous race.

• Options
    Thanks for the thread love guys. I kinda knew we were ok (as I said in my summary), i was just really looking to which which Dec OS peeps were doing IMLP. I know there are at least 3 of us.
  • Options
    Cary,
    I'm a little late on the comeback to this thread but, I too am doing IMLP. I started Nov 30 but missed a week to illness so I am in the middle of week 9 now. I think we are good by the transition schedule that Patrick put up.
    Mike
  • Options
    I'll be with you guys at IMLP this year. Could someone define "Big Day" and "Race Sim" from the season planning tool spreadsheet?

Thanks!
  • Options

@ Terry       I thnk the " Big Day "  is just your IM event.      We have Big bike weekends, and weeks,  and Big tri weeks where you ramp up the milage during that period,   but no training specifics called big day.

The "Race Sim"   stands for race simulation which we have 2 of prior to your IM event.  5 weeks and 3 weeks out from your IM race you do a race sim, which consists of a 112 mile bike followed by a 6 mile run.    The purpose of this is to make sure you are all set with your clothing, nutrition, pacing and bike set up.

• Options

@ Terry   Just read about the " Big Day"   I guess it is new this year.   It is one big day of training which typically takes place on Staurday with a day off following.    It takes place in your 12 week IM training block, and will be explained more when we get that.