Home Announcements 🎙
Options

There seems to be no easy way to PM someone right now

I could be wrong here but ...

1) The auto name complete does not work for me

2) I no longer see a PM this person link/icon on anyone's profile page.

3) It seems the only way to PM someone right now is to find a post of their's and click on the envelope on their post or reply to a previous PM.

Comments

• Options

Hi Cary,

I think what may be happening is a result of how people have their profiles set up on WHO can PM them. It's very 'friend' based. However, maybe you have found something I am not aware of? Can you please try a few things?

1. See if you can PM EnTechSupport

2. Friend ENTechSupport

3. Then see if the autocomplete works for a 'friend'

Anyhow, I will work thru this with you.

• Options
    Thanks for the fast response

1) Yes I can PM EN Tech Support - a 'Send Message' link shows up on your profile page
    2) I have one friend set up already, so I'll use that as a test (unless you want to friend me - i'd happily accept)
    3) Auto complete does indeed work for a 'friend'

It looks as if the system is behaving as it is supposed to, so not I'm not sure that you'll need to work with me on this, but thanks.

My 'concern' is that now when someone asks others to PM them, people trying to do that might have a hard time (unless they know to use the envelope icon next to the poster's post identity).
  • Options
    Yep..your concern is valid for sure. I am asking the coaches what they think. I think maybe having a members list page separate from forums may help and/or perhaps we just make everyone friends right away at sign up but as the community grows that may cause some friction but I will follow up on it.
  • Options

I've typed in a number of the names of women here and it says nothing found.

• Options
    we are working on this behind the scenes, it's a technical thing....sorry!