Home General Training Discussions
Options

New computer trainer software is here..

Just received the new final version of the computrainer software.  I've been on the beta releases for a while and this is the official release.  I will install it but I'm still not sure how much I will use it as trainer road has become my application of choice while using the trainer.

Comments

• Options
    Any idea on the final retail? I had heard something like $180.

I'm a big TrainerRoad fan, so I'd love to get your opinions on CT vs TR
  • Options

So they finally updated their 1980's graphics to the 1990's???  Awesome!!!

• Options
    Yeah ouch on the retail price: $189.95. I got it for free as part of the beta and my unit was within their date cut-off range. To be honest after using trainer road so much I have a tough time going back to the CT software even though I've had the new version installed now for months. I upgraded the PC with the official release but I doubt it will get much use. In many ways it's too little too late per Bob's very accurate comment above.

There was a discussion thread about TR versus CT a while back in the forums as well.

The features I get out of TR are good enough and their workouts are great. They have the EN FTP test already built as a workout for example so no guesswork come test day just ride. TR integrates well with my file management system and I can use it on multiple bike setups. Getting data off CT can be cumbersome. I have a basement pain cave and a trainer in the storage room at work. When I ride at home I ride on the CT with either road or TT bike using the TR software with the USB dongle. When I'm at work I just put the laptop on a box and use TR with my Quarq which gets moved around between road and TT bikes. Uploading the data to garmin connect and/or WKO is seamless and quick.
    Of course TR can use some additional tweaks and features but for getting things done on a trainer I have found it to be an excellent product. CT missed the boat with this product with the multiple delays and at the end of the day it's not an awesome product compared to what's already out and what's coming from the like of cycleops with their virtual trainer suite, certainly not for what they are charging for it.