Home Announcements 🎙
Options

"Search This Thread" and "First Unread" Features

Hi,

Any chance these forums can utilize the "First Unread"and "Search this Thread" features.

The "Search this Thread" option in 3.0 was very useful, and with many threads here going into triple-digit posts, it's hopeless to go back and find something without getting a migraine.

Also, once you open a thread you've already read and are able to click to the "First Unread" post saves a lot of time scrolling around and getting confused. Both these features really clean up a readers forum time sink.

If they exist already and I just don't see them--I will be most embarrassed.

Comments

• Options
    not sure about the "search this thread" function.

But the "first unread" function is accomplished by hitting the little down arrow in the wihte box next to the title of the thread.
  • Options

First unread, got it. Didn't think you could open that link into a new tab, but it seems you can. Thanks!

• Options

Strictly it isn't "First Unread" though - I've discovered that it takes you to the first unread post on the last page of the thread. So if the last post you read is mid way through page 1 of a 2 page thread and you click the arrow it takes you to the top of page 2 so you miss the last half of page 1. Not critical but I have missed a few classic posts and had to rewind to find them. It would be nice if it really did allow you to pick up where you left off but maybe I need to check in more often throughout the day!!

Chris

• Options
    Posted By Chris Smyth on 27 Jan 2010 06:08 PM

Strictly it isn't "First Unread" though - I've discovered that it takes you to the first unread post on the last page of the thread. So if the last post you read is mid way through page 1 of a 2 page thread and you click the arrow it takes you to the top of page 2 so you miss the last half of page 1. Not critical but I have missed a few classic posts and had to rewind to find them. It would be nice if it really did allow you to pick up where you left off but maybe I need to check in more often throughout the day!!

Chris

Ahh, that's right. I knew there was something about it that would confuse me.

Re checking more often--I'm trying to cut back to stay employed! image