Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

1 month business trip to end only 4 weeks before IMAT

Hi Coach - today I'm coming with bad news in my hands.

I got informed yesterday that I will move to Fremont/California from 3.5 until 30.5 which means I will have to drop my B-Race (LinzTriathlon 70.3).

I will most likely be able to bring my bike with me (at least it's planned) so I'm quite confident that I can do some of the long critical bike rides too. Running won't be an issue I'm pretty sure as it is much less time consuming. For the swimming part I need to check where I have a pool around or maybe there is even one in the hotel I'm supposed to sleep ...

Well now here's how I would "design" my training-plan:

- follow the plan until end of IM Adv Week 11

- Include the weekend of week11 + MO-THU from week12 for a BBW replacing the normal plan (so I can use my travel time as some sort of recovery from the BBW)

- try to follow the plan for week13 and 14 but focus on the critical WKOs (1. Long Run, 2. Long Bike, running frequency, swimming frequency)

- same applies for week15 too but not sure about the planned RR-Act1 in that week

- As I'm supposed to fly back home on THU in week16 I'd have about 2 days of recovery so I could do the RR on that weekend (1.6.)

What do you think - will that do the trick?

Are my workout priorities ok?

Comments