Home Racing Forum 🏎
Options

Scheduling and Race Rehearsals

I am new to EN and will be doing my first Ironman in 2010.  I am beginning to work on my B race/training schedule for next year and have a question concerning the Race Rehearsals (RR).  Based on reading the RR reports in the forums, I take it that the RR's are done approximately 6 weeks and 2 weeks before the race.  Is this correct?  Since the RR consists of just the 112 mile Bike and 6 mile Run, would it be okay to instead do an AquaVelo (2.4 Swim and 112 Bike) and add on a 6 mile Run?  I am a strong swimmer and the swim should not be a problem.  In addition, the AquaVelo would be 6 weeks before the Ironman.  Any thoughts, comments, or advise would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Rob

Comments

• Options
    Posted By Rob Price on 17 Nov 2009 04:42 PM

I am new to EN and will be doing my first Ironman in 2010.  I am beginning to work on my B race/training schedule for next year and have a question concerning the Race Rehearsals (RR).  Based on reading the RR reports in the forums, I take it that the RR's are done approximately 6 weeks and 2 weeks before the race.  Is this correct?  Since the RR consists of just the 112 mile Bike and 6 mile Run, would it be okay to instead do an AquaVelo (2.4 Swim and 112 Bike) and add on a 6 mile Run?  I am a strong swimmer and the swim should not be a problem.  In addition, the AquaVelo would be 6 weeks before the Ironman.  Any thoughts, comments, or advise would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Patrick and I will rewrite all of the HIM and IM plans in time to start the new year. For now, don't worry about when the RR's will be. Your AV above would be fine, 6wks out is no problem.

Rich

• Options
    R&P: Just a friendly bump to this question. I think with the new plans, the schedule will have race simulations (RS) on the weekends 3 & 6 weeks before your A race. Is that correct?

As a side thought, the scheduling of the RS might be be another good add to the new Season Planning Tool. Scheduling those around family obligations is always pretty critical and knowing where they fall pretty far in advance is really helpful.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll get this done on Wednesday and will figure out how/where to publish
  • Options
    I added notes for Big Training Day and Race Sims to the file, re uploaded to Box.net for everyone. Thanks nemo!
  • Options
    I'm having trouble finding the info about the Big Training Day and Race Sims in the season planning tool - can somebody please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  • Options

I think this is what Coach P was referring to:

http://www.endurancenation.us/en_fo...php?t=2741

• Options

In addition, he's added race rehearsal timing to the "Season Planning Tool".  take a look on the dashboard for the link.

Mike

• Options

I am sure this is just be being dense, but on the excel spreadsheet for IMUSA the dates for the race sims are 6/7/10 and 6/28/10.  Those dates are Mondays does that mean the sims are the end of that week 6/13/10 or the day before 6/6/10?

• Options

I've trained EN style for 1+ IM's now and know what to expect the last 2 months prior to race day. I haven't done this for an HIM...what do the RR's look like and when are they in the schedule ? How much of a taper is there for an "A" HIM race ?

• Options
    Posted By Carly Costanza on 29 Jan 2010 10:16 PM

I am sure this is just be being dense, but on the excel spreadsheet for IMUSA the dates for the race sims are 6/7/10 and 6/28/10.  Those dates are Mondays does that mean the sims are the end of that week 6/13/10 or the day before 6/6/10?

I believe they mean end-of-that-week, so the 6-13 Race Sim would line up with the EN LP Camp. And IMUSA is at the end of the 7-19 week it's blocked out (on 7-25).

• Options

I can't seem to find the season planning kit, spreadsheet, PDF etc. Not sure i I'm supposed to be looking for a specific title. I found video when to exit OS and PPT about what the basic week looks like. But haven't seen anything that's a season planning kit kind of thing.

I know what races I'm doing but I love taking a gander at all the great EN info so want to make sure I'm not missing something.

• Options

Pam,

it's in the train map, under start here.  Go to downloads, and you'll see the toolkit.

You can get to the train map by mousing over the word Resources at the top of this screen.

Mike