Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Perplexed

I am racing IMLP in July. My season plan, after a Half in January, was to do the Run Focus, then the Get Faster plan. I am now heading into the last week of the Get Faster plan, which is a testing week. After that, I am scheduled to jump into the Beginner IM plan, starting at Week 8. If I do so, I will have two testing weeks in a row. Also, I am concerned that I will need to jump from riding 2.5 hours on a weekend to six hours (what IM week 7 shows). It seems like a huge jump in effort. The long run for my first week has a 20 minute jump to it. Does this seem OK? Should I skip the testing week in Get Faster and go right into IM Week 7? Or do I test this week and use an alternative for Week 8? Please consider that I am a 60 year old female when you advise ASAP. (I only know this because I took a "sneak peek" ahead.

Thanks,

Kate

Comments

• Options
    @Kate --
    1. Do the tests in Wk 8 of the GF plan and then don't do the tests in Wk 8 of the IM plan. Just substitute those tests with an interval workout.
    2. You'll be fine going from a 2.5hr cycling weekend to 7…or you could call it 5 or 6hr, subtracting time from the rides, and ease into it over the next 2-3 wks.
    3. As for the long run, subtract 10' from the scheduled long run, so that's a 10' increase, and you should be able to get "on the schedule" over the following 2-3wks.