Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Int IM Wk 8 - Adjusted - Low Back Progressing - Tests?

Hey Coach P,

To test, or not to test. That is the question. I am running steady, working on endurance, still doing my tempo runs in the pool. I ran the full distance of last week's long run. Started out slow and managed to build slightly for a negative split finish.

That being said, I don't feel comfortable laying it all out there on a 5 km test run - so I would like to take a pass on at least the run test this week - I have put my disc out in the days following a 5k run test before, and now that I'm making progress, I don't want any more delays. Can you recommend an alternate Thursday run? Could I do another endurance run instead? Note: My first Big Day of this IM program falls on Saturday.

Also, do I gotta do the bike test? :-)

Comments

• Options
    The bike test is good for character...and a good workout too...even if you aren't trying to get max results, it's worth it. As for the run, I agree...I would just log some more time, say 45' with some strides...we need to be uber careful!
  • Options
    More character? Moi? Wow, clearly it's been a long time since we've seen each other. :-)

I will totally rock the bike test today, thanks!