Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Rained out big tri week

Hi Coach P

So its supposed to be 90% chance of rain just about every day this week which sucks on just so many levels.  Its my week off work, AND I was planning to do a big tri week.  Right now it looks like the only rain free days will be thursday and Sunday (and today-tuesday).  Although I am tempted to go out for a ride tonight, my legs are still a bit sore from the half-mar on Sunday so I am going to lay low.  I don't think I need a long run this week.

My plan: 

Wednesday swim and do the week 16 int IM wednesday bike wko on trainer +/- a short run.  If its not raining bike outside 2hrs (70-75%)

Thursday: swim and long bike 90-120k outside 70-75%

Friday swim and steady hmp run as per the big tri week guidance

Saturday Week 16 long FTP bike wko on trainer if raining.  Long bike (3-4hrs) outside if not.  +/run

Sunday 2hrs abp ride outside +/-run

Monday start week 17 as usual

What do you think? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    @Satish, yes to outside as much as you can...looks like most of the rain in your area is like 20% or 30% chance which means the odds are in your favor...so scan the radar first!! I agree with your entire week, my only edit is to say drop the sunday ABP in favor of another long ride (3-4 hours, not hard). Intensity not really that important this week, it's about the volume, so make it easier for your body to recover!!!