Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

Week 15

As we get closer to the race, I really want to push myself to participate on these threads and connect with others who will  be out there with me. So, here we go!  Week 15 has just started so probably no updates yet but how does everyone feel?  I, for one, am thrilled with my improvements on the bike and can't wait to get out later this week and do my race rehearsal.  On the other side of the coin, I've got a nagging back and shoulder issue which is really affecting my swim.  I can complete no more than two workouts per week and after the second, I've got a lot of discomfort. My swim fitness is fine (I can go forever at my target race pace) but I feel weird scratching all these pool days.  If I push it too hard, the pain is pretty significant so it's the right move but, still, it's putting me in a bad head space.   I'm going to take it easy on the shoulder this week and see if it clears up.  

Anyway, I hope everyone crushes it this week.  We're getting close to gametime.

Comments

• Options
    Crazy that it's getting so close.

My main concern was biking, but that's been improving with the extra volume. Coming off the NC bike camp, so I only swam today. Speed isn't really improving, and I struggle to hit the paces, but the volume is there and I feel steadier than ever.

Running has been great, so no worries there image

I've been eating everything in sight, taking more naps, and needing to sleep more as well. Fatigue is definitely there, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still hard.

Looking forward to the RR this weekend. I hate to do laps on our local military base, but that is probably my best bet for a 6 hour ride calling for minimal stops and refueling concerns.
  • Options
    It's getting exciting with this RR done I can see it all coming together. My power was down a little but I believe if I can get the neck and seat pain squared away I'll do better. Good luck to all this week were almost there.
    David I have had to do the same for the swim and have resigned myself to just maintain the swim and kill everything else.
  • Options
    Hey guys, nice work to everyone on the RR ride and rest of the hard work you've been putting in!
    Sorry I'm not very good at posting all my workouts. I did my RR ride on Sunday and it was about 30 miles more than my previous longest ride ever. I thought it went well actually, except for the nutrition thing that I still have to figure out. When I reviewed my ride on Strava and compared it to the race bike profile I was pleasantly surprised that I actually climbed over 2x that of what race day involves. I'm wondering how this should translate to my performance in CdA. Any ideas?
    Here's my ride:
  • Options
    Finally figured out how to get to this forum. Feeling pretty good about my swimming and running, but feel like I really haven't done the work on the bike - weather here is a crap shoot, and I guess I don't always HTFU. Went out for RR last Saturday, and ended up turning around...freezing in the rain and didn't have my booties on - road 49 miles...did man up and get 60 miles in on Sunday with a 6 mile brick. Hate to use the word hope, but hoping I will be able to churn out a sub 7 hour ride in CDA. Don't ride with power so will have to be very careful with RPE and HR. Still shooting for a sub 13 overall. Looking forward to meeting everyone there. Mark.