Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IMLOU WKO Thread July 8-14

How's everyone doing? Got the long swim done this AM. Felt tired from yesterday's swim/run combo, but actually came out pretty refreshed.  Let's see how those z4 runs this PM go...

Comments

• Options

Workouts have been going really well with the exception of today. Fires at work hated on my mid-day run so I only had time for a short swim this evening before picking up the daughter from day care. Really focusing on the weekend rides and making sure I hit assigned paces. I'm trying to focus on upping the fluid intake as the heat/humidity gets worse in prep for race day.

Rolling RR1 this weekend as the wife and I are going to Europe next weekend for a week. Going to try the applesauce protocol (1st time) to see how it works out for me.

Good luck everyone and keep on the gas. We're almost there!
  • Options
    Man, week 14 is tough!  Got my long run done this AM.  But I wonder what tomorrow's long swim will bring!  Sunday's rest day will be epic
  • Options
    Got back on the bike yesterday after a week off (except for one 3 mile run) on vacation. It felt good to get back in the saddle and will proceed with the long run this afternoon.
  • Options

Had a great long run tonight. After a very long travel day today, wasn't very excited about running but turned out pretty good. 1 hour 55 minutes at 9:11 pace. I can only hope that I'm somehow able to execute the race better than I have executed this training plan.

• Options
    GREAT swim tonight! Jumped in the pool and swam until I was done - 4100 yds in 1:36. Been feeling fairly dull about my swim with little improvement lately so tonight was way better than I was expecting. If I could go 1:3x at Louisville, I'd be thrilled. I've been doing plenty of OWS so I'm comfortable but don't have a GPS to track pace while swimming. What have others experienced - slower or faster OWS vs pool?
  • Options
    Congrats on your swim Stacey! I'm no expert in OWS vs pool. From what I hear IMLOU swim times are comparable to other OWS since the 'current' offsets the lack of wetsuit. What I do know, however is that the narrow channel plus the gazillion buoys on the way back make it nearly impossible to swim anything other than a straight line -- something that helps me tons!!
    Just got my long ride done. Looking forward to crushing that rest day tomorrow image
  • Options

Thanks Kate! Look forward to meeting you in Louisville.

Rode 2:45 today. Longest ride since June 1st. Knee isn't "better" per se but I kept it at a low enough intensity so it didn't hurt. 100 watts isn't going to get me around the IMLOU course very fast. Changing my strategy to just manage the bike and get it done. It's clear at this point in the game that I'm not going to be crushing anything on the bike. Can only hope for a solid swim and run.

• Options
    Hey IM Lou Folks - I've been missing this Forum - didn't realize it was up so apologies for jumping in late.

I'll be racing on Aug 25th and this will be my 3rd IM with EN after CDA and Wis. Hooking up with 3 other racers (one former EN) and we are raising money for Wounded Warriors. I'm behind on my training due to an injury, but will get myself ready one way or another. Look forward to meeting folks there and will look to this Forum more often...

J.T.
  • Options
    Welcome JT!
  • Options

That's awesome!  Welcome J.T. Looking forward to meeting you in Louisville!