Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT week 7/15-7/21

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Tim - hope the surgery goes well and you recover quickly. Please keep us updated with your recovery.

@Paul - nice job!

@Steve - x2 on what Nemo said, take a rest day.

@Nemo - glad today worked out better for you and a possible new FTP before race day as well. Impressive.

I was in Ocean City yesterday as my wife was participating in the Ocean City swim (it was a 1, 3, or 9 mile ocean swim - she did the 3 mile swim). I dropped her off and rode for 2:15. Very flat but also very windy. I felt good the whole time.

Today I rode 4 and 1/2 hours. 4155 feet of climbing and it is the best I have felt in weeks.
  • Options
    @Steve.. Thanks... I'll be in KONA!... don't worry about the heat its hitting everybody...slow down as needed and do what you can.... if your doing the work it will all end up fine!

@Nemo nice ride.... 4hrs .77 yes indeed! Was hoping Coach P would redo his video so I can hear what happened???

@William glad to hear you had a good ride! How was the wife's swim?

More relaxing for me today... while Heather ran 90 min this am and again 60 min this evening.... poor thing has to take care of me inbetween and after .... I always owe her but this is big...At least I get to be a full on sherpa for an IM... Sherpa'ed for her on a HIM before but never a full... looking forward to it...
  • Options
    William, did your wife swim with or without a wettie? Not sure about OC, but the west winds down here (that made me postpone my ride) pushed all the warm water offshore so the water temps dropped 15 degrees overnight! Brrrrrrr. I kept looking at the beautiful calm ocean hoping the winds would shift a little to give us warm temps but it was not meant to be. Oh well.

Tim- I'm loving your attitude about this whole thing. Nice way to turn the whole thing into something positive.
  • Options
    @Tim and @Nemo, she did very well. She finished in 2 hours. The water was colder than at HIM MT with large swells. She wore a full wetsuit. She said the swells made her dizzy and she was not sure she could have gone much further. Her hands and feet became numb and she got phantom feelings in them. She has done several HIMs and IMLP. She said it was one of the hardest things she has ever done from an athletic standpoint. Needless to say, I am very proud of her!
  • Options
    Tim - instead of one peak week, I plan to make each of the next three a peak week based on the impact. E.g., this coming week will be peak for running (3 wks recovery), then the peak bike week, then the peak swim week. I am going with a short drop taper for this one...barely doing anything that last week.

Today - slept in big time and didn't start until the pool opened at 10am.
    Swim - 4500 yards
    Bike - 50 miles ABP on the drainer. Didn't feel like biking in the heat this afternoon.
    Run - 3.62 miles
    Massage - 1 hour. Some of it felt good, and some of it hurt like heck.

Week totals (backloaded due to HIM last weekend)
    Swim - 12,000 yards
    Bike - 206 miles
    Run - 32 miles
    Core - 1 hour