Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Race Captain Needed

Hi folks, I am looking for one or two people to help me organize a team dinner for our race in September. If you are interested but not sure if you have the time please check out this link http://members.endurancenation.us/R...ptain.aspx

I hope to hear from you soon.

Comments

• Options

I should mention that IMWI race captain is a total cake walk:

We've had the camp dinner, team dinner and post race beers in the same locations since 2010. I've got it wired so your job is soooooo easy. Patrick and I will also be there to wave the flag on race day.ย 

• Options
    For IMWI-is the team dinner Thursday or Friday? I know at IMLP its Thursday-I forgot which day Wisconsin's team dinner was. I have some family doing the race for the first time, so they want to do the whole athlete dinner experience on Friday. But if the team dinner is Thursday, I'd be happy to help out as the race captain or assistant race captain. Let me know!
  • Options
    I also vote to have the team dinner on Thursday evening---cause starting Friday there is just so much going on.

Friday would be nice to have the team/group swim again----we had a great turn out last year and Sue provided Kayak support for us. I'd be willing to ask her again if that is something we would like to do as a team.

Also throwing out lots of support for the 4 Keys talk and getting several coming.....Is the plan to have it at the same location as last year, across from the finish line? Thanks.
  • Options

Team dinner will be Thurs evening at Gray's Tied House in Verona, unless the dinner is more than about 50-60 people. Then we'll likely need to find a different venue.

The Four Keys talk will be on Friday at 10:30a at the Overture Arts Center. We are renting a theatre space for about 300 people and will duplicate in WI what we did yesterday in LP -- very professional presentation, including a very detailed walkthru of the course. More details and registration soon.ย