Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

Week 16

2»

Comments

• Options
    Did my OWS - longest ever in wetsuit. Called it at 2 miles (slacker). I believe the point to point was closer to 1.9 miles but swam around some guys fishing and ended at 1.98 in 55:45 (1:36 pace).

Did the first 1200 yds at 1:31 pace and felt easy (only pushed the first 200). Then the avg pace kept creeping up and the effort increased. So need to make it feel even easier to start was the lesson. Not having a clock to pace you makes it tougher - not to mention a wall to push from image
  • Options
    crappy ride today. if there is such a thing. My leg has closed up fine from my wipe out 10 days ago but my elbow and forearm are still open. I couldn't get into aero. After 3 hrs of sitting up, being uncomfortable and not hitting my numbers, I called it.
    I think that I will take the road bike out tomorrow. Not the same position but wok is work and at least I will be comfortable.
  • Options

Friday night during my long swim, my left leg cramped up from knee to ankle.  It took a couple of minutes for it to release.  As this was the second cramp on the swim, I called it a day and went home.  No problems with soreness or walking.  Got up Saturday morning for my long ride and my heel hurt like a stone bruise.  Didn't think much about it because something is always hurting while training.  by the end of the ride, I was in pain and could not walk by the time I got home.  Spent the evening icing and rolling my leg as the pain now goes all the way up my calf to my glutes.  Trying to get into the massage therapist but he is booked for most of the week except when I am at work.  Taking vacation to go see him doesn't seem like a bad idea right now.

Backed out of the ride today.  Going be spending it stretching, rolling and icing.  I don't need to be out of training too long.

• Options
    had to haul the road bike out. 3.5 hrs. A good bit slower that the Tri bike. But the watts were low as well.

I gotta say that my inner 2 year old really does not want to be training anymore. I want the race to be next week. Pretty sure I am hitting the training version of "the wall". It has happened before. I need to go back thru my old notes to see if this is something that I push thru as best I can or if I take some time to rest. I am at that spot in the train up where a ton of work has been done, but there are still some very big sessions before taper.
    Just hope it clears before the race.

Sorry about your leg blake. that is a crazy one for sure.
  • Options
    Good bikes this weekend...

It reminds me of my previous HIM builds. Early in the plan - say 12-8 weeks out I come back from a bike and need to nap. No naps after either bike this weekend. Getting stronger (I hope).

Really focusing on sleep, hydration, pre-WKO fueling this last push. Still need to post my RR from last weekend -- need some guidance before the last RR.

2 more weeks of "real" training then taper time!
  • Options
    Overall good 2 good bikes this weekend. Yesterday was cut a little short due to some family obligations but managed to get in 4 hrs. I switched up timing on nutrition a bit and didn't start to get that sick feeling the longer I rode. I have my consult this week with The Core Diet for my race fueling plan so I hope to fine tune that a bit more.

I got a late start this afternoon for today's ride so I ended up with 2:51. However, even on tired legs I managed to hit my marks for most of the ride.

I ride an out and back course on my bike....I can never figure how I manage not to be looking and hit the same dang hole twice yesterday! lol
  • Options
    @Jamie - I am curious for you to share your comments on "timing" of nutrition...

I too got a late start yesterday - finished the ride at 3:30 as it rained solid all morning and the trainer is my version of hell.
  • Options
    good training weekend for me....did my bike RR on sat....100 mi in 5:40...legs feeling good most of the way and nutrition worked well...lots of pee breaks though....sun did my swim RR....2.1 mi ows in 1:06....was planning a short run but life got in the way

as i was swimming yesterday (3 x around the lake) i was thinking how i've got to the point where i know i can swim 2.4 or bike 100 no problem....going back a year ago i could complete those wko's but they always seemed like major accomplishment....now it's just "another wko"....

i'm feeling same as most everyone else.....TIRED/FATIGUE....i'm just trying to push thru next 2 weeks....i'll be concentrating on a few key wko's....this week will be bike power test and the long run
  • Options
    @Jeff U - I spread out when I had a gels and a portion of powerbar. I think I was having them too close together and making me feel sick. This could change though. I'm working with The Core Diet for a race fuel plan.