Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

Week 15 - RR#1 this weekend!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    got the weekly long run from thursday in. 135min. 14mi and some change. didn't have the mental fortitude to work the intervals. Just ran. Glad I got it done.

Thanks for everything Tim! Best of skill to you.

That 5lbs thing - that hurt. Have not dropped a single pound since the training ramped up. Fueled by cookies...

• Options
    I am a week behind on the RR. I competes in the Augusta 70.3 last weekend and then spent park of this past week sick and in bed. Tomorrow will be my first day back on training and I am looking to put in 100 miles and 1 hr run. My goal is to concentrate on the nutrition side and try to dial that in. I really thought I had my swimming up to speed until I hit the water last weekend. 50 yards no issue and then tightness across the chest from the wetsuit and the wheels came off the bus. Finished the ugly swim with an uglier time. I ordered a two piece Desoto to see If I can fix this. No pools are open this weekend, so I will push the pool RR swim to sometime this week.

I just found this forum....great to read all the info you all are putting up on the board. Inspirational.

Yes...the 5 lb post hit me too. I think I am the only person who can gain weight while working out 6-7 days per week. Trying to knock off some poundage over the next couple weeks.
  • Options

@Jerry- Were you in an EN kit?  I was there for quite a while and thought I got to see all the ENer's, in kits anyway.

Just one piece of advice on the Desoto 2 piece suit.  I was borderline size 4/5 so I went with the 4 but I should have went with the 5.  My 4 is a little snug and I might actually order a 5.  Just keep that in mind when ordering.  

Be careful tomorrow with your nutrition tomorrow, its gonna be hot!

• Options
    @James. No, I wearing a green tri top but hat a red EN hat on. I called Desoto with measurements and had them pick the size for me. Really Nxious for it to get here and try out. Thanks!!!
  • Options

First Race Rehearsal- 6 Oct.

I am a week late due to competing at Augusta 70.3 last weekend. The Tuesday following the race I came down with a sinus infection that migrated to my chest. This was my first workout of the week following the race the previous Sunday.

Started the ride at about 0745. Temp was 64 degrees with 1.2 mph variable winds. Had two other riders with me with a planned 100 miles consisting of 2 loops. Bathroom break and water bottle swap out would be at the house. I wear a timex watch that chimes every 15 minutes. I eat on the 30/1 hour and drink on all chimes. I know the race rehearsal called for 6 hours or 100 miles, whichever came first. I wanted (ego) to check the 100 mile block.

I also wanted to use clothes and items I would race in. Wore new tri shorts and my race Newtons. Also, tried out Bag balm as a chamois cream.

Left the house with 3 Powerbar Gels and 3 – ½ Power bars. Also, had 3- 24 ounces bottles of mixed Powebar Perform and one 16 oz aero bottle of Powerbar Perform. The first 50 miles was on a very hilly route and took us about 3.5 hours. Felt great at the midpoint and swapped to new bottles and nutrition. I lost my riding companions for the second half and had to adjust the routing…still very hilly. At 1100 it was 81 degrees with 5.8 Mph winds. At about 60 miles I felt dehydrated and started to increase my liquid intake. Mile 70 my right foot developed a hot spot on the outside of my foot. There was a fair amount of climbing and by 1400 the temp was up to 86 with a 12.7 MPH wind. At mile 90 I was completely out of fluids and had to stop into a convenience store to buy Gatorade to refuel all my bottles. I felt a ton better after downing a bunch of fluids. At two points during the ride I took 2 Salt Stick tablets. I was worn out at 100 miles. Packed up the bike and drove 1.5 miles to my house…changed into running shoes and ran 5.3 miles. Ran the two loops very slow and was starting to get nauseous.

At the end of the day I was spent. The next day I was really sore.

Cycling- 7:08:38 101.27 Miles. Elevation Gain 2,756. Avg Speed 14.2. Avg HR 141

Running. 1+ 00 5.29 Miles. Avg Speed 11:21. Max Speed 8:34. Avg Hr 159