Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2014 Blue Ridge Camp Official Recap Thread

Wow...epic. After four days of awesome riding, climbing and friends, it's hard to believe I am home in my quiet office again.   Then again, if we were riding today it might be another 90 mile deal with 9,000 ft of gain, so maybe that's not a bad thing. 

My stats were pretty simple: 92 miles, 84 miles, 95 miles, 40 miles = 310 miles with about 28000 ft of climbing. We rode walls, switchbacks, mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway which is truly a national treasure. You can see more of the Team photos here: http://teamen.smugmug.com/Blue-Ridge-Camp-2014/

Everyone who attended drove here, with the exception of one person, so the camp is very accessible. We had 23 folks all in, representing all ability levels, race focuses, and competitive desires. We rode, we drank, we ate ribs...and we survived.

This was our fourth year and my most favorite yet. I can't wait until next year...hope you can join us. Sign up soon and we can put you on a layaway plan that has you paying a small monthly amount to lock in your camp. 

Can't wait to see what the others have to say!!  Especially the part about the terrible hill I made them climb. 

Thanks for reading!!!

P

Comments

• Options
    Loved the camp. Will write a camp report when I wake up from my cycling comma. Love the idea of a lay away plan. That would really work for me and Steve. You can count us in. Where do we sign up?
  • Options
    @brenda, I will send you an email with instructions and we can sort it out! It would be a real treat to have you both.

If anyone who hasn't attended before is interested in signing up, you can learn more at the official Blue Ridge Camp Page here: www.endurancenation.us/blueridge
  • Options
    What a blast this year! Lots of new campers and great riding with returning campers again. Couldn't beat the weather, although maybe 5-10 degrees warmer mornings would have been nice. Here are some of my stats for the past 4 camps for comparison. 
    2011 2012 2013 2014
    Time 20:25 20:00 14:44 19:00
    Distance 286 280 199.4 226
    Elevation 25480 26876 21817 23000
    TSS 1019 1008 828 964
    Max Speed 44.7 43.4 46.7 50.3
    Bike P2 Trek Trek R3

Based on this, the R3 is the bike for descending. I hit the highest speed day 1 going down Snake mountain.

• Options
    Wish I could've been there. This camp is definitely on my short list for 2015.