Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2014 Rev3Quassy Official Introductory Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Antoinette- TOo bad about the Fuel Belt! Did you have it super tight? I wear mine really tight and have no issue. I couldn't live w/o it! I literally started wearing it when I started running so I'm prob so used to it.
  • Options

Kim, I wish it would stay just at the top of my hip bones. The only way to get it to stay put is to wear it around my waist and I can't wear anything around my waist...just drives me crazy.  My race belt annoys me too but at least i can push that lower and it kinda stays, but with the weight of the water bottles bouncing around, I'd be so annoyed, I couldn't focus on a good run.  PERHAPS I'll give it another trial before I banish it forever

• Options
    It is sorta funny about where to post, and what to post. Here it is 33 days from Quassy, and next week I transition to the Full plan for IMLP. Other than the crash on Saturday my training is going remarkably well. I have yet to miss a workout and have been hitting all my numbers. I am learning what running on tired legs really means. It is about to get interesting though. I have a 5K this weekend, after which I will do my ride, then a Sprint Tri on the 11th, after which I will do my ride, then a 5 Miler from the Harpoon Factory on the 18th. I think for that one I will ride from NH to Boston, run the race, then enjoy my free beer coupons. I am planning on giving up alcohol from the day after Quassy until the day after IMLP.
  • Options
    Sounds like a crazy weekend Larry!

For everyone in the Quassy group, we now have weekly threads for WKOs. Check it out for a dose of MOJO. Here is this week's thread:

http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/15282/Default.aspx
  • Options
    Well jealous Brenda is getting all this climbing in,so I had to do the next best thing! Today another big trg day. One hr run used a sweat test protocal done,difference before and after was 1 lb so 1500 ml of fluid loss. Next up 4 hr ride in the Gats. metric century ride done.Food consumed 3 gels and 1500 ml of gatorade. Was another race prep for Quassy. Today was the first day I felt my biking legs are finally coming around. Time to refuel will be doing it all over again tomorrow, thanks for reading !
  • Options
    Hello all,

I am in as well. My 3rd time doing Quassy Half, but first time w/ EN, so let's see what happens. Looking fwd to meeting you all.