Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

2014 IM CdA Official Introductory Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

Posted By Jennifer Datwyler on 16 Mar 2014 12:54 PM
    <p>Just ran 1/2 Marathon this morning. 1:41:12. Really happy with result considering my training has been stalled with this dang Plantar Fasciitis. Vdot bumped from 42 to 44. Hoping I can handle the new numbers!</p>

@Jennifer - way to go!! That's a great half-Mary time - esp with the injury! Enjoy your new zones - you've earned them!!
  • Options

Another 3 more weeks of the GF plan before moving into the IM plan. This is my first time doing the GF plan and my legs are feeling it this weekend.  I have St. George 70.3 the beginning of May.  I did this race last year so it will be nice to see if I can do better this year.  

• Options
    I'll be your race Captain this year and make the team dinner reservations. If you have any suggestions on venue please let me know.
  • Options

Thanks George!

FWIW I just transitioned into the AIM plan with the run durability hack.First big weekend was a toughie but was able to bounce back pretty quickly after this (second) weekend.  Looking forward to more peeps jumping into the IM plans as you rock on out of those GF plans.

Thanks for the mojo!

• Options

Hey Peeps

Just transitioned to the Im training as i get ready for IMSG..This will be my 3rd in Idaho and my 4th Ironman total...i'm not fast but love the course and get to spend a week with my family on their spread right on the course

looking forward to meeting up with everyone there but not looking forward to the water temp as i to suffer from lots of cramping issues in the cold

see you soon and good luck on the training

james

• Options

Posted By George Jordan on 25 Mar 2014 11:26 AM

I'll be your race Captain this year and make the team dinner reservations. If you have any suggestions on venue please let me know.

Hey George, 

Thanks for volunteering! Highly recommend you look at what we did last year and just repeat that. I believe dinner was a Cricket's and that Dino Sarti was Race Captain last year? Maybe ping him for details? 

• Options

Rich,

Thanks.  Will do.

George

• Options
    crickets works well  informal with a big back room we can just hang out...service seemed good and  not expensive  oh yea the beer was pretty cold as well
  • Options

Hey Guys!

Just checking in.  Only NINE weeks to go as of yesterday!   Personally I’m trying not to go mental and haven’t checked the water temperature (yet) but I did just splurge on a new Helix as a concession to the nervous energy.  Fear sells!    How is the training going for y’all?  Finally started clearing up here in the PNW so I’ve been able to get outside a few weeks in a row.  Should we get some threads up for the last 8-9 weeks to further communicate or is this the place to do so?

Viva la mojo!   

• Options
    For me things are going well. I am entering unknown territory with the volume being that this is my first Ironman, but I have so far been hitting the workouts. Each Thursday run from here on out will set a PR for distance/duration. I had a really successful big training day which was a nice confidence booster. I am a little worried about the testing this week, I know I have a lot of built up fatigue so I am prepared that I might not get an FTP/vdot boost this time around. I also have been working with a local swim guru who has already helped take 7 seconds off my 100yd time in just the past week, so I am starting to feel much better about my swimming.
  • Options

Jenn, I've been trying to start a new thread each week; this one should be visible to you here in the CDA section of the forums image

• Options
    I'm just a little behind in the intro thread, but have been training hard and trying to wrap my brain around everything!

Christina Davis, 37, from The Woodlands, TX.

This will be my first Full Ironman and I signed up for CDA to get away from the TX heat & humidity. (Who knew IMTX would have great weather this year!) My goal is to finish, enjoy the experience, and be smiling at the end of the race. I really enjoy swimming and running, however the bike is my weaker sport so we will see how I do with higher elevations.

I have a wonderful support group with my husband and two sons (6 & 3).
  • Options

Christina - welcome! The elevation of CDA is NOT an issue - you won't notice any difference form sea level as far as breathing heavier, etc. That's cause in an IM we're not going nearly hard enough for it to be a problem. But you may go a little faster on the bike, as the air IS a little thinner, so less resistance. 

• Options
    I am finally checking in here with everyone.

I can't believe how quickly this is coming up! My training has been so hit or miss this season. I suffered through St George earlier this month and was hoping my training would pick up, but I have had waaaaay too much to do with work and family and have been stressed and fatigued.

This is my second time doing IMCDA. In 2011, it was my first IM distance race and I loved it. So, I'm excited to go back. I am excited to see all of you, excited that Coach Rich will be there, and excited to try to get some mojo for my remaining season. I'm on my way to the airport with four girlfriends after spending a fabulous weekend in Napa County. Missed the RR as a result, but I think I needed the vacation more.

See you all soon!