Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Bottles available on course

Just re-read athlete guide for Quassy. I was reading about aid stations and on course nutrition and saw this "The Gatorade will be the screw off tops and the flavor will be Lemon Lime". Any ideas on how to contend with screw off tops on the bike? Meaning, emptying bottle into hydration system or even drinking from bottle without major spillage? I think every race iive done has had sport type bottles,

Comments

• Options
    At Rev3 Maine the bottles were the same as the ones pictured in the athlete guide. A quick half turn of the orange top and it was ready to drink from or pour into something else. It was manageable while in aero. The only hard part was if the volunteer did not remove the plastic seal over the orange top. Some did, some did not. I still managed to do this while in aero however it was a challenge, especially with fingernails shortened to not dig into my wet suit. You did not need to remove the entire top. I am hopeful the bottles are the same as pictured again.
  • Options

I am hopeful of the same, however, my plan IF they are not sport tops is to suck up the few extra seconds to stop, open bottle and dump into my Aerodrink bottle so as not to cause any crashes that would cost more than a few extra seconds or even cost me the race.  Even fumbling with the plastic cover, if the volunteer did not remove it, could be dangerous.

• Options
    If the aid station volunteers are really good they will have already done the half turn on the top before you grab it so you can take s drink right then.