Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2014 70.3 Boulder Official Sign In Thread

Welcome to the IM 70.3 Boulder Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

This is the 3rd year of doing the boulder 70.3.  Fast course and great atmosphere.  Moving it from August to June should make for slightly cooler temps and a slightly faster course.  But it's colorado and any weather can happen at any time so we'll see what race day brings.  As for me, i'm from colorado and doing the 70.3 on my way to IM Boulder in august.  Hope there will be a few more ENers now that this race is positioned as a warm up for IM Boulder. 

• Options

Hey y'all,

I will be doing Boulder 70.3 for my third time.  The new course that was rolled out in 2013 with a new on lap bike course is (in my opinion) a much faster course than in 2011 when I did the race last; went from 5:18 down to 5:08- my current 70.3 PR.  Moving the dates from August to June should make the run better since the two lap run course on those exposed gravel roads are brutal hot.  The trade off will be the water temperature will be significantly colder!  I hate cold water!  

I live in Loveland and train on the same roads the course is on.  Too bad being in graduate school and working 50 hours a week are killing my training!  Look forward to seeing the other EN members out there.  

Later,

Duane Rorie

• Options

Hi folks. Boulder will be my second 70.3. I finished Texas 70.3 two days ago. I'll be driving up from San Antonio, TX with the family. We'll be using this race to kick off a few weeks of vacation. Over the next several weeks I'll be getting serious about picking out my Boulder goals.

• Options
    Hey Guys,

I'll be racing Boulder 70.3 as well. Kind of hard to pass up for me since I live so close that I'll ride my bike to the start and ride home when I'm done. Didn't do the race last year since it was a week out from IM Lou, but now that it's in June, it's perfect timing for my training for IM Mont Tremblant. Have been on most of the course, so pretty familiar with it and looking forward to racing....

J.T.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

It will be good to see you all in a few weeks. I have raced this course a few times before and am looking forward to racing this year. I live in Littleton, so only go to Boulder to train every once in awhile just because of the logistics and time factors. But I love riding this route.

I am hoping to check in on Friday because I actually have to work on Saturday before the race. Should be interesting.

See you all soon!
  • Options
    Hello Brenda, do you have a tracking sheet for those of us racing? Also, on the home page you mention race is Saturday however it's actually on Sunday?

Thanks.

Dawn