Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Saturday June 21 Training Ride?

I have been meaning to go and ride part of the bike course, and between work obligations and other things on the schedule (IMLP Camp June 12-15), so if anyone else would like to ride on June 21 say 7am +/- let me know.

Since most of the course takes place after you get off the AC Expressway at Exit 28, I thought starting near there would be good and ride out and around that loop at least a couple of times....but I honestly don't know that neighborhood.  In the mean time I will look to see if there is a park or someplace to park the cars. 

However, I do know that there is a park with a parking lot and a couple of porta john facilities in Mullica Township on Elwood Road which shows on the map as being the place where the Bike special Needs will be.  It is the same park that we go past on the Shoreman 70.3 bike course.  Perhaps if we can not find something else, that could work.  It is pretty easy to get to and would be in the middle of that loop.  http://challengeatlanticcity.com/wp...se-Rev.png

Let me know if interested, or have any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Options

John,

I have some information that I can post.  Need to tweak it a bit.

Briefly you can park at Hammonton Lake Park.  They have portapotties there and you can swim there.

http://www.njwildlifetrails.org/Pin...fault.aspx

Will get back to you.

Would be interested in riding that day as well.

My cell is 610-209-8483

Ruth  Ann

• Options

Here is the route I used. Parked at Hammonton Lake Park.

The cut throughs were done on the last circuit that we did to cut off a few miles image

• Options
    That looks great, and easy to find.
    Have you swam there before? If we can swim there in the morning before riding the bike that would work for me no problem.

We could do that loop a couple or a few times, and even add that leg that goes over toward the exit from the expressway just to see what that looks like.
  • Options
    I wish Turby and I could join you! We will be in Mont Tremblant doing the 70.3:-)
  • Options

Anyone else interested in meeting on June 21 for a ride on the CAC course???

Ruth Ann

• Options
    I am planning to ride on June 21.  I start at the Hammonton Lake Park... anyone interested in joining?  Cell: 610-209-8483
  • Options
    I missed this thread. Where and what time are you guys going to meet? I'm on call but it's been quiet. I would be eager to do the bike loop once or twice.
  • Options
    hey Robert
    Looking to meet 7:15 am Saturday near Hammonton Lake Park, hammonton.
    My cell is 732 778 9643
  • Options

Looking forward to meeting you both tomorrow!  Cell 610-209-8483

I my plan is to do 2 loops.  May stop in between if I find I need a bike seat adjustment.  Still fiddling with things to get more comfortable.