Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Delete Button

After posting, I no longer see a delete button should I want to take it down. Witness the mistake I made in WI Roll Call. I can't find any way to delete that blank post.

Comments

• Options

I am not a wicked smart member but I believe once you post, on the top right there is an edit button. (Once viewing it in the forum).  If you hit the edit button, it will bring you back to the reply page and you can then delete or edit the post.

• Options
    Posted By Carly Costanza on 22 Feb 2010 08:22 PM

I am not a wicked smart member but I believe once you post, on the top right there is an edit button. (Once viewing it in the forum).  If you hit the edit button, it will bring you back to the reply page and you can then delete or edit the post.

I am in reply, and I see no delete button. Do you when you are in a reply screen?

And as far as teh WDM thing goes--I might be a EN training vet, but this 4.0 still remains confusing to me.

• Options

Ok the edit button I see is after you post and are viewing again from the forum.  Looking at the post you just made on the top right it says "quote, reply, alert"  If it is your post the first option will be 'edit'. 

Hope this helps!

• Options
    Posted By Carly Costanza on 25 Feb 2010 08:53 PM

Ok the edit button I see is after you post and are viewing again from the forum.  Looking at the post you just made on the top right it says "quote, reply, alert"  If it is your post the first option will be 'edit'. 

Hope this helps!

The edit button is fine. Yes, that's there. But there is no way that I can see to delete a post in the edit function. WHAT AM I NOT SEEING???? It's making me nuts, and I sure feel stooopid.

• Options
    @Linda - What forum are you seeing this is in? Let me see if I can help.
  • Options

I can't speak for Linda but have also noticed no delete button anytime I post. It did not seem to matter what forum I am in.

For example, I just posted this and then went to edit to try to find a delete post button without luck.

• Options

Thanks, Al! Sometimes I don't trust myself around here!

Hi tech support! In any forum iI post in, there is no delete post button that I see anywhere. Not in edit, not a separate function.

• Options
    In general, we have not allowed members to delete posts as we didn't want lots of stuff disappearing from the forums; this is a software setting and we'll get to it.

P
  • Options
    Posted By Patrick McCrann on 26 Feb 2010 08:21 AM

In general, we have not allowed members to delete posts as we didn't want lots of stuff disappearing from the forums; this is a software setting and we'll get to it.

P

Well, thanks for making me not think I'm totally crazy. image Sometimes you just need to take something down, you know?