Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Mark Lane's IMLOU RR1 Camp Report

Thur. Swim MS 4200 yds @ 1:27:xx  My longest nonstop swim to date. I swam a little too conservative, need to work on pacing.

Fri. Bike: Started off easy and conservative. Went  over 6 hrs. to get 100 miles. NP 156W   IF .67   TSS 261. Wanted to make sure I got 100 to see what would happen, and something unexpected did . My feet swelled late in the ride, and the bike shoes are now too small, very painfull. I will have to fix this, didn't realize how much narrower my bike shoes vs. run shoes. It was cooler than usual (65 deg) which made it hard to get all the fluids in, but it did heat up rapidly. Did ok on nutrician plan.

Fri. Run: By the time I started running it was 85 deg. I actually felt a whole lot better than I thought. Executed my pacing fairly well, and followed my nutrician plan, but didn't have a very good run course at this location. Some big hills that I walked a little for HR control.  6 miles @ 67'

Sat. Bike: Same bike course as Fri. I wanted to get in about 70 miles but my neck was really sore and when I rode out of aero the discomfort transferred to my rear. Settled for 58 miles.  NP 157   IF .67   TSS 153  I used an older pair of bike shoes that are a little wider, but feet still a little sore.

Sun. Run: Got up Sunday, and I was sore all over like I haven't been in a long time! Got running and even though legs were tired just kept pushing. A little suprising to myself, I was able to make this a Progressive Paced run.  13.5 miles @ 136' I could've gone farther, but I stayed in the time guidelines as to not get in recovery problems. We were still experiencing cooler than normal weather, run start 67 deg. but humid. 24 oz Perform every 50 min. w/ chomps.

Takeaways: Except for having to cut things short on Sat., this was pretty successful for me. Need to get some wider bike shoes, and Nut/Hyd execution still needs some tweeking. Since I've been with EN, I'm like the frog in the pot of water, I don't feel the changes, but I keep doing things I've never done before!

Comments

• Options
    Hey Mark,

Nice job getting that in.

Shoes: yep, need to get that sorted out. I wouldn't think twice about getting a new, properly fitting repair. Specialized are very good and very popular
    Hydration on the run on Sunday: 24oz in that kind of heat (I imagined it warmed up a bit) seems a little low to me?