Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

Housing

Where is everyone staying? I'm looking to rent a beach house and have a couple people who have expressed interest. Last year my team got a house right on the beach and walked to the swim start and saved tons of MULA .... anyone have any thoughts, comments, concerns? 

MARCOOOOOO??!?!?!

Comments

• Options

I'm staying at the Hampton on Edgewood. I just found this forum....had been looking for one for B2B and didn't see it before.  I got a rate of $92 per night and I'm coming in on the 22nd and leaving on the 27th.  Do you have more info on the house?  Not sure if the husband is interested in that...he might like a getaway, but it's an option.  He doesn't do this race thing at all, but he is a great sherpa at my bigger events. 

• Options

@Leslie thats a good rate! Good job!!! See you in the weekly threads- we are also trying to get a course recon in october together if you want to join in! 

• Options
    I would love to, but I live in New Mexico !
  • Options
    I have friends in the area and will probably bunk with them for nada except for the night before the race when I will stay at a hotel so I can turn in early without being a buzz kill for everyone else.

@Mariah, I heard you had some expertise at event planning. Know of any good venues in Wilmington for Pre-race dinner Thursday night?

I have some sources as I mentioned but would welcome suggestions on types of food that the group would like, etc.
  • Options
    @Ralph - well branding/marketing/event planning is my job so yes I do- want to chat at the race this weekend ? I would love to help! You beat me to Race captain! haha
  • Options
    @ Mariah, unfortunately, I am going to miss this weekends race. I have to go to Winston to look for a house. Still pain just a different kind image I am all good with a co-captain Role and will gladly share any glory along with the responsibility if you are interested in helping. I just got to be race captain because I requested the race-specific forum.

I guess we need to poll the racers and see what kind of food everyone is interested in for the pre-race dinner.
  • Options
    @Raleigh send me an email and I'll help mariahbridges@gmail.com don't need any glory this is all you! And I know the area well so I'll help