Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

2014 Beach to Battleship Super Duper Admin Thread

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Welcome to the Super Duper Admin Thread for Beach to Battleship. Note that some information is missing from the post below. I will add these details as we get closer to the event and build out your incredibly powerful TeamEN race weekend experience.

We recommend you subscribe to this thread to receive automatic email updates when a detail has been added.

With so much going on, when the date of your race gets closer, it is hard to remember if you brushed your teeth, let alone remember where that link is to the Team Event sheet, or what the deadline date is the for bios...hence this Master Race Thread.

Dates to Remember

Dinner/Lunch:

TBD

Bios and Pics:

T-shirt Order (Shop Here):

EN Uniform (Shop Here): We recommend you race in Team Endurance Nation tri top and shorts, but if you are representing your local club, you can purchase an EN hat, arm coolers and much more to show off your EN style! Note: Deadline is at least 4-6 weeks prior to race to allow for delivery.

Links

Comments

• Options
    The Half Iron Distance sold out yesterday! So still time to get in on the full distance.... better y'all than me!
  • Options
    Thanks Brenda.

The training plan just got real this week. Having admin tasks to help keep the focus is good.

@mariah, I'll bet that the full IM distance race doesn't sell out so you could always jump on up and do the whole thing. image
  • Options
    @Ralph- no way I'm already signed up for the half! LETS DO THIS!!!!
  • Options
    First year wtih EN and first race wtih EN- what do we do about the Event dinner? I usully like to go out to an actual restaurant vs the mass produced pasta at these things....
    Athlete Kick-Off Dinner: Friday 10/24/2014 (4-6PM)
    $1 to all athletes. $15 for all guests (pre-registered - 10 and older) and $25 for all guests (at packet pick-up - 10 and older - BASED ON AVAILABILITY). Guests under 10 are FREE.

Athlete Celebration Brunch: Sunday 10/26/2014 (11AM - 1PM)
    The Athlete Celebration Brunch will take place at the Wilmington Convention Center and is for full or half athletes, their friends and family members. Cost is $1 for each pre-registered athlete and $20 for each non-registered athlete ($30 at packet pick-up if space is still available). Space is limited to the first 500 reservations. The Full Distance awards ceremony will also be held during the Athlete Celebration Brunch.
  • Options

@Leslie- With EN we like to do a team specific dinner- Ralph is this races team captain and he will be posting to this forum our team dinner/lunch and location- it will not be affiliated with B2B so if you want to do those things that is up to you 

From experience the team dinners with EN are better anyway since we will have already been talking on this forum for weeks, its better for it just to be us as a team building time. 

See you in the forum once we start weekly training threads! 

• Options
    Hey team,
    sorry that I was MIA last week, getting kids off to college.

@Leslie, The the team wiki is pretty specific on nutrition and activities for the day before the race. It specifically says to lay low and not get caught up in the pandemonium on the night before the race. Since this is a Sat race, I think it might be advisable for us to have the team dinner on Thursday night if everyone is in town by then.

Mariah has the gift of event planning skills and has suggested several venues that we can choose from for the team dinner. I am going up on Labor day weekend and will do a course recon and check out the dining optioins first hand.

The post race brunch seems like a good idea for a buck.
    More details to follow as I get them.

If you have any suggestions, post them.